Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Thats clearly the refs fault. WTAF….

From your description thats exactly what i saw at the ground. He gave a free kick to us which stopped us scoring.

And you think thats irrelevant….
By the laws of the game if the ref blows, the game stops thats what I meant by irrelevant.

Rico was fouled he fell over, the ref blew. Rico then jumped up and scored.

You are correct that the ref blowing stopped us from scoring but no way could he have foreseen that Rico would then jump up. So I don't really blame the ref.
I've watched it again and Rico handled the ball before he got up.

Not true?? The ref stopped a goal to give us a foul. Thats clearly the refs fault. WTAF….

From your description thats exactly what i saw at the ground. He gave a free kick to us which stopped us scoring.

And you think thats irrelevant…. Wow
VAR would have disallowed it anyway, as Rico clearly handled the ball when he fell over..

By the laws of the game if the ref blows, the game stops thats what I meant by irrelevant.

Rico was fouled he fell over, the ref blew. Rico then jumped up and scored.

You are correct that the ref blowing stopped us from scoring but no way could he have foreseen that Rico would then jump up. So I don't really blame the ref.
I've watched it again and Rico handled the ball before he got up.
You’re missing the point. He penalised us for getting fouled. Waiting to see if any advantage is pretty basic officiating. Its 100% the refs fault and nothing can be more relevant…

The “Advantage Rule” in football, states that the Referee has the responsibility to NOT call an obvious foul if it hurts the non-offending team.

Its all clearly laid out by the IFAB. Awful officiating

Last edited:
VAR would have disallowed it anyway, as Rico clearly handled the ball when he fell over..
Fell over…??? You cant give handball if being fouled caused it to happen. Same as a deflection onto the hand isn't a handball either…. Apart from when we visit Anfield

Last edited:
The ref was very lenient to us, Kovacic could have got red for the first challenge and the second was a yellow all day long
He probably should have been sent off but c'mon... Oliver gave us absolutely nothing in the second half. Partey had the most obvious foul of the season on Foden clearing out both his feet and still didn't call it. Not to mention Doku getting absolutely zilch from him in our half.

The referee didn't cost us the game yesterday.

Kova should have seen Red in his first challenge. Then the second was a nailed on booking.

We went in to that game with more of a "don't lose" mindset instead of winning one.

We played do slowly a times it was like walking football..

Trying to look at a the game from a neutral perspective it was pretty boring.

Hopefully after the international break everyone except KDB will be fully match fit and we can put the last 2 league games to bed.

Bournemouth asides, we have a very tricky fixture schedule coming up. After the Spurs game on 2 December hopefully we are within 4 or 5 points of the leaders and we can kick on from there.

He probably should have been sent off but c'mon... Oliver gave us absolutely nothing in the second half. Partey had the most obvious foul of the season on Foden clearing out both his feet and still didn't call it. Not to mention Doku getting absolutely zilch from him in our half.
Stop blaming the referee for our deficiencies, we were poor not the ref.

Kovacic was 100 % a red and if he was in a red shirt we would be steaming and full of conspiracy theories if he did not get red.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.