Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

Weird how we see things differently , I thought our midfield was anonymous especially Lewis who couldn't get in the game at all in the first half.
Didn't think any of the team could but his work rate was amazing and spent the whole first half chasing everything down, I said to my mate he'll be fucked by half time

Didn't think any of the team could but his work rate was amazing and spent the whole first half chasing everything down, I said to my mate he'll be fucked by half time
He created nothing tho. I can chase things down. It's what you do if and when you win the ball that surely counts??

He created nothing tho. I can chase things down. It's what you do if and when you win the ball that surely counts??
Fair enough, I would have expected that from the more creative experienced players and not an 18yo but nobody created anything so I'm not sure who you would have as our best player, I'm confused

Fair enough, I would have expected that from the more creative experienced players and not an 18yo but nobody created anything so I'm not sure who you would have as our best player, I'm confused
I don't think we are disagreeing here. I like him as a young player, but yesterday our whole midfield was poor, they created very little.

Not convinced that's right at all since the handball was a direct consequence of being fouled. VAR awarding a free kick to Arsenal for one of their players fouling a City player who lands on top of the ball for a split second?

It might not seen fair but it would have been the right decision.

There was one a couple of years ago. Involving Wolves possibly, where a defender accidentally handled the ball and knocked it straight on to the arm of the attacker, who then scored.

The correct decision was a free kick to the defending team, as the defenders accidental handball was not an offence but the attackers accidental handball was, because he then scored. Even though it only hit his arm as a direct result of it coming off the other fellas arm.

I don't think we are disagreeing here. I like him as a young player, but yesterday our whole midfield was poor, they created very little.
Similar at Newcastle and everyone blamed Phillips and same as Wolves away, we are really missing KDB and also Gundo weighing in with goals and so far Kovacic seems a massive downgrade on Gundo but it's early days yet

Gvardiol is the only one for me showing any type of quality consistency right now?

Kovacic is tidy for certain games, but the intensity of what our team places on the midfield is hurting him.

Great to see John back.

Pep set us up not to lose, first and foremost, and that type of bad luck for their goal is usually the fine margin for such.

Kova and Nunes are not creative players, it seems that they are good squad players, passing the ball but do not have the talent to create chances to score or send long passes behind the lines. We missed players like Kdb, Gundo and Mehrez. We should have brought playmakers during the summer transfer window to avoid this type of performance. But, this is not the first time we see City performing average and then step up the performance to win the PL, hope it is the same this year.

It might not seen fair but it would have been the right decision.

There was one a couple of years ago. Involving Wolves possibly, where a defender accidentally handled the ball and knocked it straight on to the arm of the attacker, who then scored.

The correct decision was a free kick to the defending team, as the defenders accidental handball was not an offence but the attackers accidental handball was, because he then scored. Even though it only hit his arm as a direct result of it coming off the other fellas arm.

Foden has been involved in two, both against Liverpool?

At home when Mahrez went through to score which would have made it 5-1?

And last season he was fouled in the run up to the Haaland goal and it was brought back because it brushed his hand?

Kova and Nunes are not creative players, it seems that they are good squad players, passing the ball but do not have the talent to create chances to score or send long passes behind the lines. We missed players like Kdb, Gundo and Mehrez. We should have brought playmakers during the summer transfer window to avoid this type of performance. But, this is not the first time we see City performing average and then step up the performance to win the PL, hope it is the same this year.
Foden and Alvarez were supposed to be the creative players yesterday but truth is they were played out of the game by a very good Arsenal defence and Rice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.