Arsenal (A) - PL Post Match Thread

I'm sorry he bought Kovacic and Nunes. It's on him. Two players not at the required level for this team. Then he bought a project player to compete with Grealish on the left and sold our only natural RW Palmer. How would he explain this decisions? He is a great coach obviously but he is not infalible.
You're right - he's not infallible but are you seriously writing off Kovacic, Nunes, and Doku already?

Last edited:
Pep called out Phillips for being overweight yet Kovacic is slow and looks to be carrying some extra pounds. Very strange signing Kovacic considering we let a young a academy player with lots of potential go the other way. Trixi bollocks and co got mugged on the Kovacic deal at 25 mill. I hope Kovacic can prove me wrong but at 29 years of age i doubt much will change, just become another city bench warmer.
Literally 2 weeks ago he was the bargain of the century.
With Rodri back in the side he will look class again. A midfield is about balance and they compliment each other well.
The lack of creativity is what may harm us overall this season - losing De Bruyne and having no plan B apart from playing a young striker out of position or a hot and cold Foden is the area that might come back to bite us unfortunately.

I’m not worried cause we’ve got Pep. Last season was proof we need to relax. However it’s right to point out the issues. Our creativity this season has been poor.

Disappointing is an understatement, Pep played for a draw yesterday and he almost achieved that albeit for a lucky deflected goal at the end of the game. The team was insipid and very lacklustre and lacked any real desire to attack with any intent. Rodri was obviously a big miss and without him there was nobody to wrest control in midfield.

Fortunately, this game was fairly early in the season and there is plenty of time left to get our mojo back.

You're right - he's not infallible but are you seriously writing off Kovacic, Nunes, and Doku already?
Note to ‘selves: yaya silva Rodri stones Jack were all awful in first season. We are too quick to write people off when it takes time to adjust to how we play. And teams are trying their utmost to beat one of the very best teams ever. That was just 4-5 months ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.