Arsenal (A) Post Match Thread

Upon what evidence would anyone assume the board will do anything but renew him for another two years? I'm 100% serious -- even though you are probably right that eventually the fan cacophony has to have an impact.

But the entire institutional football knowledge at that club is tied up in this man, just as it was at Utd with Ferguson. The American ownership which knows zip about football (just like at Utd) has been only too pleased to allow a single, iconic figure to run all aspects of football operations -- even better at Arsenal, because unlike Ferguson, Arsene has the same ultra-risk-avoidance personality as an owner would (selling his best players for peak value, a lack of willingness to take a chance on youth or pay huge money for clear game changers). Arsene and Kronke knows the fans will turn up again and again and again -- they're sheep, and the club owns the leverage-able brand. The ambition level is tied to FINANCIAL performance, not trophies.

I've said it before -- City are like a venture capital backed disruptor -- Google to Utd's Microsoft, Amazon to Arsenal's Wal-Mart. FFP tried to make venture capital structurally illegal, which is what pissed me off so much (as man in the land of technology and capital). Arsene was the public face of this effort. I will never feel sorry for him, ever.

Champions League is just as important to them and Wenger and Arsenal for a second season running don't look like they will qualify for that. I think what saved Wenger last time was winning the FA Cup.

Heading home, bloody freezing it was. Was touch n go whether to brave it looking at the state of the trains Home but wow was it worth it!

Blues were awesome throughout especially given the weather and the turgid second half but that first half was just unbelievable.

Think I walked past the arsenalfantv lot - some angry noises coming from whoever it was anyway.

Great to get a bit of yaya kolo going!
I made a guest appearance on arsenal fan tv on Sunday. Came out of Wembley and seen a mass of arsenal fans. Knew exactly what was going on.
On one of the vids you see some knob head city fan pop up (me) in the middle of the 2 of them with a yellow ribbon on my hat massive flag in hand throwing 3-0 at the camera with my hands. Things you do when your pissed!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.