Arsenal(A) - Post Match Thread

DkaaIo5W0AYQdic

‘Ay! This could have been me.’

Lucky? But we don't how the teams were going to set-up. That makes it a bit more difficult for us.

Arsenal lost only two at home last season. You think it was lucky we had to play against them whilst they had a preseason with most of the squad together. In my opinion, it was one of the worst openers we could have had.
Don’t worry about him mate, you should see his in match contributions, they’re far worse

Before the game I thought that we would win
based on last seasons performances.
There was a bit of doubt though because of .new manager, new players, what tactics would they employ, team set up etc.
Because of that I would have grudgingly taken a draw, never a defeat.
Anyway, we got the 3 points and never really looked in much danger, apart from a couple of chances presented to them by defensive sloppiness.
We possibly should have scored more than 2
but Raheems' goal was unexpected and Sergio should have scored, so maybe not.
Anyway, amongst all the scapegoating I want to give a big shout out to Kyle Walker.
His attitude and positivity are outstanding.
He's won trophies and clearly wants to win more and more!
A very good win against a decent side who, not that long ago, would have run rings round us.

Before the game I thought that we would win
based on last seasons performances.
There was a bit of doubt though because of .new manager, new players, what tactics would they employ, team set up etc.
Because of that I would have grudgingly taken a draw, never a defeat.
Anyway, we got the 3 points and never really looked in much danger, apart from a couple of chances presented to them by defensive sloppiness.
We possibly should have scored more than 2
but Raheems' goal was unexpected and Sergio should have scored, so maybe not.
Anyway, amongst all the scapegoating I want to give a big shout out to Kyle Walker.
His attitude and positivity are outstanding.
He's won trophies and clearly wants to win more and more!
A very good win against a decent side who, not that long ago, would have run rings round us.

Pure poetry

Does anyone remember beating west ham away on the first day of the season under Sven and absolutely buzzing our tits off? That was west ham. This is Arsenal away. It’s crazy to think we are putting these kind of teams to the sword without some of our star players and still saying “well yeah it’s a good win but we could have played better”. I suppose this is how it feels to be City.

seven out of ten performance 10 out of 10 result.

always felt we would win, deserved the result, what more could we ask for. Some fans behind me saying mahrez was poor, WHAT. Do people understand football

Does anyone remember beating west ham away on the first day of the season under Sven and absolutely buzzing our tits off? That was west ham. This is Arsenal away. It’s crazy to think we are putting these kind of teams to the sword without some of our star players and still saying “well yeah it’s a good win but we could have played better”. I suppose this is how it feels to be City.

Both are true though, which is great.

City's performance was so far ahead, it will have knocked Arsenal's confidence, which means it's potentially easier for the teams who play them next. For their part, they have to stand up to that & tell themselves it won't be the same every week.

That was a tough start, a tough away game on paper & we clearly have fitness issues. A fresh new approach at Arsenal with the crowd potentially right behind it, for a short while anyhow (they are already starting, cheering long hoofs from the keeper, ffs). And we won it, with ourseleves being our own biggest danger, rather than Arsenal.

Huge room for improvement but a huge win.

I think that’s made up bullshit or one of the bag carries who supports Liverpool.
Yeah, like no-one on the team bus has access to a mobile phone? If they gave a fuck about the result, they would be following it as it happened.

did you notice sky jizzing themselves because our back room staff asked how Liverpool were going on.

they are desperate and its quite embarrassing if i'm honest and the way they went on about keita earlier on as if he was the second coming was something else

The result was great, the perfomance not quite as good. 3 points at the Emirates can be difficult. We will get better and quickly I'd say. Mendy needs to waken up defensively, no good being an attacking threat if you can't get the basics of defending right. Midfield was poor, the other 3 defenders were excellent .Ederson very dodgy. Sterling very good ,kun should have played kev in. All in all a decent start.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.