Arsenal (A) - Post-Match Thread

I've watched both penalty incidents and both were correct decisions. They can fucking cry as much as they want just because they went our way for a change. Fuck the lot of them.
Sutton on 606 hasn't shut up about it yet. All this discussion and bleating about how bad var is only happens when we get a decision that goes our way

United fan on refs' chat site says:

I'm all for a VAR moan but
No idea what BT sport drank last night.
Referee team got all three big match incidents correct and they're going on like it's some huge VAR screwjob.
Embarrassing by the pundits.

a bernie wum in disguise.

If I understand Arsenal's attitude correctly they object to the ref's being asked to review our penalty but not theirs. They believe that theirs was a clear penalty but that ours was not a penalty at all. If I am correct the referee did not award Arsenal a penalty because his opinion was that Ederson got a touch on the ball which then went out of play before Oldegard went down. Those responsible for VAR examined the incident and decided that Eddie had touched the ball before Oldegard and they confirmed the ref's decision. I don't see it as VAR's job to ask the ref to re-examine decisions on which ref and VAR are in complete agreement. "Their" penalty was not a penalty. In the case of our penalty the ref was adamant - it was NOT a penalty but VAR "took a look" and decide that the referee had missed something which would have changed his decisiopn and asked him to take another look. This he did and changed his decision. Arsenal fans don't like it but surely the system worked in the way it was meant to. Xhaka's knee certainly interrupted Bernardo's forward movement and Bernado's shirt came far enough away from his body in Xhaka's hand to suggest that Bernardo hit the deck with decisive assistance. I/we don't agree with VAR all the time but today I think it performed the role for which it was introduced.

total hatchet job from sky ion their review of the penalty incidents... According to them we've again had the benefit of the VAR officials getting it wrong.

Is it me or is VAR now being blamed for City winning, there's nothing to blame, no one else to blame so its now VAR, I mean bad VAR calls across the league and across the seasons, but it affects the title race and its now a thing!

My god they're all in a lot of pain, and they're going to have this for 4 or 5 months now hahaHAHA

(Hopefully)

If I understand Arsenal's attitude correctly they object to the ref's being asked to review our penalty but not theirs. They believe that theirs was a clear penalty but that ours was not a penalty at all. If I am correct the referee did not award Arsenal a penalty because his opinion was that Ederson got a touch on the ball which then went out of play before Oldegard went down. Those responsible for VAR examined the incident and decided that Eddie had touched the ball before Oldegard and they confirmed the ref's decision. I don't see it as VAR's job to ask the ref to re-examine decisions on which ref and VAR are in complete agreement. "Their" penalty was not a penalty. In the case of our penalty the ref was adamant - it was NOT a penalty but VAR "took a look" and decide that the referee had missed something which would have changed his decisiopn and asked him to take another look. This he did and changed his decision. Arsenal fans don't like it but surely the system worked in the way it was meant to. Xhaka's knee certainly interrupted Bernardo's forward movement and Bernado's shirt came far enough away from his body in Xhaka's hand to suggest that Bernardo hit the deck with decisive assistance. I/we don't agree with VAR all the time but today I think it performed the role for which it was introduced.
As I understand it, Arsenals attitude fuckin sucks. They failed to capitalise on their first half dominance and got beat fair and square .. End of..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.