Arsenal (A) | Post Match Thread

So glad Pep made the change to go to a back 4 and push Bernie out wide. It gave us more control and we pressed better than we did in the first half. I felt we targeted their left hand side as Zinny kept moving inside which helped us create the overload.

The players knew what to do once we went to a back 4. Fair dues to Ake - he has massively proved me wrong and Akanji wasn't too bad when he came on - I suggested Laporte for Mahrez to my mate at half time - what do I know. Good to see Foden get a little cameo at the end where he was more direct. Onwards and upwards.

Arsenal are a decent side but they were schooled by us last night both tactically and physically.

I read a great post about how much constant rage there is around football these days....even on this thread, after a mighty great win away at the top team, people are still foaming at the mouth about anything and everything.

Great result City. I thought the first half was untidy but we came out and controlled the 2nd, even with reduced possession. Turned the screw and got our goals in the end. Kev great, Jack great, Mahrez not quite on it. Central players all did well and Akanji's cameo was positive, after a few not so great games for him.

As for the pen.... i have consistently, over the years, been baffled as to why keepers and defenders are allowed to nail strikers after the ball has been shot, or during the shot, and no-one ever says anything. Im not saying Eddie did that, but i think that was the interpretation for it. It was a weak case but my main issue was that that sort of thing happens every single game so you cant just start calling it a pen on a randomly selected game through the season, you have to have a directive.

Up the Blues, keep fighting.
I’ve liked this post even though I’m ‘absolutely foaming’ it’s true, there’s a need to be faux outraged at most things, in the old days the cat got kicked, the wife was told to get the effin supper on and the kids hid in their rooms, while you threatened to go back to the pub! Nowadays we come on ere & vent our spleen, it’s a lot more healthier for everyone :) we’re even outraged over people being outraged on the match day thread (pointless) it’s venting & in the moment, people process things differently, especially if they’re sat there with an 8pk….as for the forensic analysis of everything in the game, that’s the world we live in, when you’ve got the likes of Spitty ratty & 95% of talksport forcing their opinions on everyone , it’s only right people respond, most of the time it’s fire with fire, when we should just take the moral high ground

The one that for me showed the inconsistency most was when grealish booked for reaction to the ref, you could see he was swearing etc.

Literal seconds later Nketia does the same thing, you can again see it without need of a lip reader, but no yellow. Right next to the linesman too. Still riled up, he then does get a yellow seconds later for a pretty bad challenge, which I believe was possibly checked for a potential red also? If the ref applies the law then either he doesn't make that dangerous challenge and protects the players from injury, or he's facing a double booking. Little things, but big things.

Like you I look forward to goalies being booked now for time wasting in the first half, but suspect that it is another rule that will only be applied against us. Like the advantage rule, where City are the only team who are given advantage even when running backwards towards our own goal with only the keeper on.
Those points aside , I think you’ll find we had more free kicks awarded in our favour , tbh , Ederson was time wasting , and we have insisted that goal keepers get booked at ours when it happens, there is no point in booking a goal keeper on 85 minutes is there ? The penalty , well , we’d have shouted for one the other way round , we maybe are concentrating a bit too much on Dodges post , Arsenal were robbed of 2 points in their last game , refereeing is inconsistent full stop , whether we get more against us than others is up for debate , anyway , 3 points and back on top.

If Villa beat them with so many games still to go Arsenal be holding on for Fourth spot! Great having a young side full of confidence winning week in week out but once a young team start to lose the pressure on them will be to much!

What I can’t get my head around is it’s one thing for fans who are not really informed coming out with the bollox he did at the end there but that exact same attitude and excuse pervades these clubs boardrooms as well.

They should know better, they do know better but it doesn’t stop them.

Inject it into my veins you cunts.

Organic my fucking arse lol
'City are a financial abomination'....but we did'nt mind getting 2 of their players.

Oh hang on.

Fucking lol - he lost it at the end and it's beautiful. Hook it to my veins.
The fact that he mentions how they've grown organically coz getting Pepe for 75 million quid is as shit as it gets.

what a fucking knobhead. He mentions Graham who was banned for taking bungs lol

he didnt mention Joe Mercer

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.