Arsenal (A) - Sun Oct 8th, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bernardo needs to be the man to play alongside (whoever ends up filling in for Rodri.) That role he would play a couple of years back, where he would pick the ball up off the centre halves and off the ball would be up and down all day.

Kovacic had a nightmare in the Rodri role against Wolves. Would still back him to be the best option to fill in there though with what we have available. Hopefully it was just a bad game rather than a bad position for him to play in.

I can't make my mind up whether this game has come at the perfect time or the worst possible time. Perfect game to brush the cobwebs of Molineux aside, is the positive way to spin it.

Ederson
Walker Dias Gvardiol Ake
Kovacic Bernardo
Foden Haaland Alvarez Grealish

Pretty certain Saka will be playing, and Pep will I am sure set up assuming that. I imagine mad Mikel will leave it obscure today thinking it will give them a big lift on Sunday when he’s selected. I would also predict Arteta to get away with his usual histrionics but Pep to get yellow carded the first time he speaks. I wonder big David Raya is fully trained in sitting down when they are under pressure?

Pretty certain Saka will be playing, and Pep will I am sure set up assuming that. I imagine mad Mikel will leave it obscure today thinking it will give them a big lift on Sunday. I would also predict Arteta to get away with his usual histrionics but Pep to get yellow carded the first time he speaks

Same mate, he'll risk him - last game before an International break. Perfect time for him to recover! Flog him, make him miss England duty and then be fit again for Arsenal in a couple of weeks. Either way, early instruction would be to give the guy a booting!

My team would be:
Ederson
Walker
Dias
Gvardiol
Ake
Bernardo
Kovacic
Alvarez
Grealish
Foden
Haaland

Although I'd be tempted to have Doku playing wide right and exploiting Zinchenko.

No Saka and Martinelli means we aint winning or getting a draw. Only way would be to play 10 men behind the ball and pray that Havertz wakes up thinking he's Messi.

————————Haaland
———-Jack—Alvarez—Foden
————Kovacic—Bernardo
Ake—-Gvardiol—Dias—Walker
————————Ederson

I’ve put Jack but I’d be equally happy with Jeremy

This is our first big away game and with Rodri & Kev out, it's really tough picking the team for this one. I wouldn't risk starting Stones either.

I think it will be better to start with a more compact lineup, keep it tight at the back and like on Wednesday, bring on impact subs, Alvarez and Doku, with about half hour to go.

Ederson

Walker
Dias
Gvardiol
Ake

Nunes
Kovacic

Bernardo
Foden
Grealish

Haaland

I think this will be a great game, i'm going 3-1 to us.

Arteta will get away with being a cnut whilst Pep gets another yellow card for 'reasons'. On top of that the Tarquin's will be allowed to kick us with impunity, Ederson will get booked for time wasting, one of our centre backs will be booked for an early firm but fair challenge, and the ref will dish out a couple of late cards to them for stat-padding purposes.

Score: 1-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.