Status
Not open for further replies.
————————Haaland
———-Jack—Alvarez—Foden
————Kovacic—Bernardo
Ake—-Gvardiol—Dias—Walker
————————Ederson

I’ve put Jack but I’d be equally happy with Jeremy
The way you've lined the team up from front to back is mildly infuriating. Ha.

Partey is available apparently. I wouldn't be surprised to see him straight in alongside Rice for this.

I really don't know what Pep will do with our midfield. I would be shocked if Kovacic didn't come back in, but Rico was so impressive midweek he might want him to remain central as well...Bernardo would be my pick to partner Kovacic. I wouldn't have Nunes starting.

Looking forward to this one though. Arsenal will be giddy about beating us, even if they can never openly admit it, and if they do win then they'll be title winners elect again.

I never worry about playing Arsenal in a game that matters

I said on here before the two league games last season that stylistically they're tailor made for us, I had absolutely no doubt we would beat them.

I still think that. Obviously Rodri missing makes me slightly less confident, and De Bruyne too as he was a big part of the victories last season.

But all our players understand the way we play, so as long as our players don't have an off day, I think we'll beat them.

Partey is available apparently. I wouldn't be surprised to see him straight in alongside Rice for this.

I really don't know what Pep will do with our midfield. I would be shocked if Kovacic didn't come back in, but Rico was so impressive midweek he might want him to remain central as well...Bernardo would be my pick to partner Kovacic. I wouldn't have Nunes starting.

Looking forward to this one though. Arsenal will be giddy about beating us, even if they can never openly admit it, and if they do win then they'll be title winners elect again.

I‘m giddy

Taking on arsenal away without Stones, Kev and Rodri is a very big ask, especially with Haaland so out of form as well. If we get anything out of this I can’t see anyone even challenging us for the title. I’d snap your hand off for a draw right now. That’s not being a fanny (although I’m sure others on here will tell me different haha) - just being realistic

I agree with most people's team selections but I'm still unsure if Kovacic should be starting these kinds of games for us right away. With Rodri out, he worries me defensively more than anything. I know the circumstances are different between City and Chelsea but he wasn't starting in 'big' games over there even when he was fit. I think I'd go with Nunes to give us some legs and bite in the middle of the park. Arsenal will press us high and his ball-carrying/progression would be useful to transition us into attack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.