Arsenal AWAY Ticket Price (merged)

Re: Arsenal AWAY Ticket Details.

WNRH said:
Embarrassed for anyone that goes there and unfurls a banner or sings a song about how expensive it is........................after paying £62.
Even if someone goes and simply moans about the price...they're just chumps!

That's like choosing to have a minging girlfriend and moaning to your mates about her being minging and texting her saying "you're fucking minging you, love"!

Caveman said:
WNRH said:
Embarrassed for anyone that goes there and unfurls a banner or sings a song about how expensive it is........................after paying £62.

That's like choosing to have a minging girlfriend and moaning to your mates about her being minging and texting her saying "you're fucking minging you, love"!

Dont get the logic. People moan about the price of lots of non essentials - beer, holidays etc but still buy them

Caveman said:
WNRH said:

so the 60,000 Gooners who turn up every other week are chumps? You've got the cheapest tickets in the ground as it is.

''Boycotting'' achieves nothing. The tickets just go to home fans and there are no ''embarrassing'' empty blocks on tv.

As fans in this country we allowed ourselves to be mugged off years ago. We have foreign owners, provide tv entertainment for Asians and encourage a Disney atmosphere. That was what the Premier League was invented for.Now we are all collectively fucked.

Germans,Spaniards or Italians wouldn't have accepted any of that. Its a shit situation, but its too late to turn back the clock.

WNRH said:

Don't be embarrassed for me mate, I won't be unfurling a banner but I will be there. IF an all out boycott, i.e. right across the Premiership for one match, had been organised I would have boycotted but a few hundred people boycotting is just cutting off our nose to spite our faces!! When the FSF organise an out and out boycott then I will join them. In fact maybe that should be their campaign, get the prices sorted out before the standing business?

p.s. however, as a concession my ticket for Arsenal was £26.50 BUT my ticket for QPR is £50 when the Adult ticket is £55 so maybe that's another thing that should be sorted?What I mean is that maybe if Arsenal had charged concessions £35 to £40 then they might have been able to reduce the adult ticket.

And before you all start jumping down my throat, I realise that it is totally unfair and that I am now lucky to be able to have a concession ticket but without it, like most of you, I would not be able to afford many tickets. Also, over the years I think I have earned the right to a concession ticket. :-)

matty barton said:
Caveman said:
WNRH said:

so the 60,000 Gooners who turn up every other week are chumps? You've got the cheapest tickets in the ground as it is.

''Boycotting'' achieves nothing. The tickets just go to home fans and there are no ''embarrassing'' empty blocks on tv.

As fans in this country we allowed ourselves to be mugged off years ago. We have foreign owners, provide tv entertainment for Asians and encourage a Disney atmosphere. That was what the Premier League was invented for.Now we are all collectively fucked.

Germans,Spaniards or Italians wouldn't have accepted any of that. Its a shit situation, but its too late to turn back the clock.

ofcourse it does, people notice, other fans notice and then the media picks up on it just like in newspapers right now. The prices are disgusting

Now The Guardian is on to it with some quotes from Kevin Parker:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jan/08/manchester-city-ticket-allocation-arsenal?CMP=twt_gu

City have sought to play down the affair and Arsenal insisted they are close to selling out the remaining tickets. Kevin Parker, the general secretary of the Manchester City Supporters Club, said: "It's the most expensive amount I can ever remember paying for a ticket in my life, for a Sunday afternoon game which is live on satellite television.

"And it's not as if finding a television to watch the game on is difficult nowadays. Even if the game wasn't live, to charge £62 to watch it is ridiculous, but to charge that amount when people can see it live on TV is crazy.

"It just shows that football clubs are out of touch with reality. If City supporters are travelling on a supporters' club coach it will cost £30 per person. That's £92 before they have even done anything; add in a programme, food, drink and you are looking at £125-£130 per person.

"There are a combination of things at play here. Some people cannot afford the price, especially as it is just after Christmas, and there are some who just refuse to pay £62. This is also the first time in a long while that I remember City fans saying to me they could pay the money but are refusing to do so. That is a brave decision to take. Soon, though, fans will vote more strongly with their feet and clubs like Arsenal will have to decide what to do about ticket prices."

Credit to our fans for not paying Arsenal's ridiculous ticket prices.

Caveman said:
WNRH said:

Thats Bollocks. For some it is cheap(er). Not every City fan lives in Manchester so £62 for the game is cheaper than Train / fuel / Match ticket for a game at City

matty barton said:
Caveman said:
WNRH said:

We don't need to turn them back, we can't anyway. But we can take the batteries out and stop the clock.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.