Arsenal away tickets

That’s true but the cynic in me says maybe the “newer over seas branches” find London a better option for tourism:)

Or maybe a lot think I’ve no hope in a United ticket I’ll go for an Arsenal one instead
Overseas branches should not get access to away tickets unless the person going has required points

Plenty of seats at the etihad and let’s be honest that is an away game for them

Overseas branches should not get access to away tickets unless the person going has required points

I was speaking to someone recently who lives in Manchester who is a member of the crete branch and another - He said they only have 13 members but I thought branches had to have more members than that and they got 2 for United away. Whilst its always who you know surely having members who are Manchester based beats the point of being an overseas branch.

No new Gold SCs issued for the last two years. Any non-renewals sold at match day prices.

Match day prices increasing massively (sic)

Most in-demand away match tickets being siphoned off to the highest bidders.

Can anyone spot a trend here? Yes, it's all about maximising income so from a club commercial perspective they will think why should we 'give away' away tickets just because a large proportion of the support base has been going for years. Equally, they won't be thinking that they will need this core support 'if' we decline in the future as they won't be here by then. You have to assume that this is being driven by demands from the very top so either Khaldoon or our owner. Football at the top level is a business first and foremost. Yes that requires footballing success but the days of moderately wealthy local businessmen running them as an interest or because they are actually supporters are over.

What are the chances of changing the club's strategy on any of the issues at the beginning of my rambling post? Zero in my view.
Season cards go up by half the rate of inflation. Roel and Danny (and others) are tasked with increasing the Club’s income by at least the rate of inflation. Match day ticket prices and hospitality offerings increase.

Season cards go up by half the rate of inflation. Roel and Danny (and others) are tasked with increasing the Club’s income by at least the rate of inflation. Match day ticket prices and hospitality offerings increase.
Exactly, hence the drive to reduce the overall number of SC holders. The club view currently is that they aren't needed to sell out so less of them is better. I can't see any new SCs being issued for the foreseeable future so if you have one think long and hard before giving it up.

From a commercial aspect I can see why people like me who have been match going for 60 years aren't exactly the target demographic :)

Sorry Tim, I disagree. Season Tickets have gone up well over the rate of inflation for over a decade all apart from one year. It feels like a deliberate policy to price people out and make more seats available for fans willing to pay £70 a match.

The Dippers started the policy years ago when they realised fans from Norway and Surrey would pay a fortune for seats, so reduced the ST fanbase by attrition. We are on the same path.

Just think, if Ehrling was paid 'just' 27 million a year instead of 28 million, we could have frozen prices for ST holders for years.

Don’t think that’s fair now myself who’s to say they don’t go to home games as well . I do agree with you should need the required number of points but that should go across the board with all branches

Don’t think that’s fair now myself who’s to say they don’t go to home games as well . I do agree with you should need the required number of points but that should go across the board with all branches
The club knows who goes to games, they can administer this

Unfortunately you are spot on and it reflects yet another gap between the fans and the club. The lack of transparency as to where these tourists are coming from is telling.

I mean they do it at home games. Often up in EL3 I've felt like an away fan as I'm surrounded by tourists who haven't a scooby that cheering for the other team to score may result in a dig in the back. Stewards are next to useless, unless a brawl broke out they would do nothing and even then they'd probably do fuck all anyway. Rags and Dipper games are always close to kicking off.

The club don't seem to care about our fanbase at all.....it's all about maximising profit. They seem not to give a royal shit.

Arsenal away was probably the one away game I could get a ticket for, from the Supporters club, now with the Tarquin revival they are impossible to get hold of. Where were we when they were shit !

I'd say the current way of allocating tickets needs a shake up. It can't be right that ST holders of 10+ years have no chance of an away ticket. There needs to be some sort of ballot taking place for ST holders of at least 5 years. I'm sure I'll take some pelters from the 25.000+ points holders, but we need to open it up to long term fans and at the same time remove the tourists from the away following.
Great point. Domestic supporter club should get zero.

If you are that great a supporter you should have points or a seasoncard.

Take their 20% and ballot them. Also pull through should be restricted to a certain number a year.

In that case the individual should get their own tickets
No need for an OSC application

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.