Arsenal FA Cup SF Post-Match Thread

Too much rotation and the best players lose their sharpness.
That's why Guardiola's philosophy is more suited to league football, which allows for the odd slip-up.

Trying to walk the ball into the net at a conservative pace when you are playing against 9 determined defenders, is not going to work. Nor is pumping aimless high balls into the for 90-minutes, many of which are delivered inaccurately and go sailing over.
Pep was out-thought here and his stubborness to adopt a different strategy is costly; still wouldn’t be without him though!
Let’s get the right kind of player in, not just another 12-month superstar whom then fails to deliver and we can’t get rid of because of their high wages. We own 9 clubs for heaven’s sake and have access to over 1000 players apparently. Why do we need to spend £150m!?
Hate to say it, but the Liverpool model has been far more successful and on a very low net spend. There, i’ve said it. :-/

Too much rotation and the best players lose their sharpness.
That's why Guardiola's philosophy is more suited to league football, which allows for the odd slip-up.
I wouldn't even say it's that this season. We have got some serious issues.

In the league if you lose 1 in every 4 that isn't the odd slip up.

I didn't watch the game and not seen the highlights. I assume our chance conversion was the issue again?
wouldn't really say we had many clear cut chances, pretty sure we had 1 shot on target with 12 attempts at one point. It was a dismal display, and just shows that possession pretty much counts for nothing.

Thanks
wouldn't really say we had many clear cut chances, pretty sure we had 1 shot on target with 12 attempts at one point. It was a dismal display, and just shows that possession pretty much counts for nothing.
Thanks mate. You're right about possession. Looks great in the stats if we're winning. IMO we need to find a replacement for Sergio sharpish. A player who instinctively can score goals. I know these are few and far between but the forwards we have ATM are not naturally suited for this. Kane anyone?

The season's been littered with performances like this. We're fine when things go our way but if we go a goal down our heads drop and we don't look like getting back in the game. We seem to have lost a bit of hunger which is linked to a lack of real leadership in the squad since Kompany went.

You should re-watch the Madrid game.

I think it was 14 shots with just ONE on target which is pretty dismal to say the least. As usual we had around 13 corners and did nothing with them. Arsenal had 4 shots, all on target and scored twice.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.