Arsenal fans complaining we "bought a title" at work

What do you hope to see Man. City be like 5-10 years down the road?

I am not only talking about trophies or titles.

I was thinking this topic when I think of people putting Manchester City in there with Real Madrid as clubs who seem to be buying anyone and everyone with endless amounts of money.

I was thinking that down the road that I hope that with all the resources provided to Manchester City thanks to the Shiekh that they become more like England's version of Barcelona(minus that huge debt) where there isn't as much incoming and outgoing player transfers, that they have found the right players on the top squad through a combination of just the right sort of transfers along with the roster also including many players coming through the City academy system.

I guess through all that rambling I really could have just said through just a combination of smart transfers along with some graduating up through the system.

ArizonaBlue said:
What do you hope to see Man. City be like 5-10 years down the road?

I am not only talking about trophies or titles.

I was thinking this topic when I think of people putting Manchester City in there with Real Madrid as clubs who seem to be buying anyone and everyone with endless amounts of money.

I was thinking that down the road that I hope that with all the resources provided to Manchester City thanks to the Shiekh that they become more like England's version of Barcelona(minus that huge debt) where there isn't as much incoming and outgoing player transfers, that they have found the right players on the top squad through a combination of just the right sort of transfers along with the roster also including many players coming through the City academy system.

I guess through all that rambling I really could have just said through just a combination of smart transfers along with some graduating up through the system.

I hope we have a successful youth system too. The future does look bright on that score because we seem to scout the young players who have already achieved a lot for their age (e.g. Joan Angel Roman had already captained Espanyol u-17s at the age of 14, Nils Zander was on the verge of the Schalke first team, though admittedly he flopped here but the idea was right).

Soulboy said:
Just work out the cost of these players... absolute millions.

No. Position Player
1 GK Jens Lehmann
3 DF Ashley Cole
4 MF Patrick Vieira (captain)
7 MF Robert Pirès
8 MF Fredrik Ljungberg
9 FW José Antonio Reyes
10 FW Dennis Bergkamp
11 FW Robin van Persie
12 DF Lauren
14 FW Thierry Henry
15 MF Cesc Fàbregas
16 MF Mathieu Flamini
17 MF Edu
18 DF Pascal Cygan
19 MF Gilberto Silva
20 DF Philippe Senderos
22 DF Gaël Clichy
23 DF Sol Campbell
24 GK Manuel Almunia
27 DF Emmanuel Eboué
28 DF Kolo Touré
30 FW Jérémie Aliadière
31 DF Justin Hoyte
34 MF Patrick Cregg
35 DF Johan Djourou
39 MF Sebastian Larsson
42 FW Quincy Owusu-Abeyie
46 FW Daniel Karbassiyoon

Petit
Overmars
Seaman
Anelka
Wiltord

Joga Bonito said:
A couple annoying Arsenal fans (I use that term loosely) have decided to focus their attention on City and complaining teams like City, Chelsea, and Madrid "buy" their titles and don't deserve them, so I had to spent my entire day explaining how much the scum have spent over the years, but I didn't want much stuff on the Arse...anyone know some come-backs for them?
The in invincables are now the underacheivers.

Shame.

This p!sh always comes up, I take it in the current Arsenal squad Arshavin, Walcott, Chamakh, Koscielny, Squillaci, etc all cost feck all.....

they try to disguise the fact that they have spent big money by saying a lot of their players come through the youth ranks, but this masks the fact that they spend big on 16/17 year olds for their youth set up then come through the ranks, bottom line very team spends to acheive

Bluemoon115 said:
TheMightyQuinn said:
Every title ever won has been bought.
Yes, but they earned it.

Arsenal fans are a pathetic bunch to be fair.

They're still crying about the draw they EARNED against City last week. Miserable little arseholes. Still, they've always got Walcott's pace to fall back on, he's very quick.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.