Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

I tend to agree with you. Current players have done wonders for us but the midfield is beginning to creak and we must look to the future.
I favour Foden as a No. 10, with Haaland and Alvarez up front. Midfield three would be Rod plus two, maybe Jack and Bellingham. We would then need full backs to provide width.
Pep doesn’t like a No. 10, hmmm…..
I've seen it said on here numerous times but I've yet to have seen any real evidence on the pitch that Phil and/or Jack can't play inside for City. In fact, I've always seen the opposite. Personally, I think it's a load of BS. Pep plays them wide because KDB and Gundo can only play inside. If he moved Foden and Grealish both inside who would be left out wide beside Mahrez? I'll say this, if Foden were given the opportunity and role Odegaard has been given at Arsenal he would be every bit as effective, if not more so. Could the rumblings about some discord between Pep and Phil be about Foden not getting a fair chance to play inside while watching the continued uneven and declining play from KDB and Gundogan? While still 22 he's now a veteran of quite some importance who continues to be somewhat undervalued by the manager IMO. Does any City supporter actually believe we aren't suffering quite a bit by the absence of a happy and in form Foden? I miss him terribly and no one can convince me City doesn't as well.

I've seen it said on here numerous times but I've yet to have seen any real evidence on the pitch that Phil and/or Jack can't play inside for City. In fact, I've always seen the opposite. Personally, I think it's a load of BS. Pep plays them wide because KDB and Gundo can only play inside. If he moved Foden and Grealish both inside who would be left out wide beside Mahrez? I'll say this, if Foden were given the opportunity and role Odegaard has been given at Arsenal he would be every bit as effective, if not more so. Could the rumblings about some discord between Pep and Phil be about Foden not getting a fair chance to play inside while watching the continued uneven and declining play from KDB and Gundogan? While still 22 he's now a veteran of quite some importance who continues to be somewhat undervalued by the manager IMO. Does any City supporter actually believe we aren't suffering quite a bit by the absence of a happy and in form Foden? I miss him terribly and no one can convince me City doesn't as well.
Totally agree mate , Grealish in particular for me would be devastating in the middle , or vice verca with Phil , Grealish naturally comes inside anyway , he drags players to him, and when he does he leaves a chasm of space behind him , now if that was Foden out left with Grealish in the Gundogan role , for me , we would be devastating, and Ake could stay deeper as cover.

The Rags just can't help themselves. It's years of entitlement that does that to fans. It's like a hereditary trait amongst those 7 toed Old Toilet inbreds...

I no longer get into it with em. A dignified silence & the odd knowing smile usually shuts em up.

As I discovered recently, the more intelligent amongst them say nothing when in my company.

Certain ex-players are a totally different issue, and obviously lack basic intelligence, in my opinion.......................

I fancy a cheeky tenner on Everton to get something from their game v Arsenal , Dyche will make them hard to beat that’s for certain , I can see it , much like down and out Forest beat the dippers. Regardless of any result i hope Dyche sets them up to kick the fucking shit out of the mard arsed twats.

Just got round to watching this today. City good value for the win in the end, although Arsenal did look a good side. The ref was a joke again. Holding got away with two yellow card level fouls (bordering on red) before he was finally given a card just before half-time.

Given the size of squads and number of subs these days that’s essentially pointless and so it proved as Arsenal simply subbed him off for a better player. I think there’s an argument for the new player on inheriting the yellow card but given the number of yellows city pick up for nothing (eg Gundo’s in this one) it would probably work against us.

By the end of the game Arsenal had a full ish strength team out and still couldn’t make any headway. It was one of those games where our ability to keep the ball meant we could avoid the pressure they tried to put on us. Good stuff.

No one is “rattled” it’s just incredibly irritating when people like you come on here when your team is in form. We all know you’ll disappear if we chase you down and win the league again.
i am Arsenal backer why wouldn’t i want to banter with rival fans in title race. I am not here to attack your fans or side but people are real touchy when am observation that we will play better at home is seen as such a slight. I came in here after a loss, if you guys win i will congratulate you no issues losing to defending champs but i like our chances

Not at our place they didn't, and we didn't require a last minute goal to do it
But you did only beat us by one goal at your place. So winning by a goal at home shows how weak Arsenal are? Go check the Xg for the United match they were holding on for dear life. Not what i saw in the FA cup tie on your own patch

Why did you join this forum? Oh I know because Arsenal are top of the league, where were you when your team were trying to scrape in the top 4? Did you notice a massive influx of city fans joining an Arsenal fans forum when we are top of the league? If the dippers or the scum were rivalling you for the league you would probably have joined one of their forums, enjoy your day in the sun, and thank your Arsenal fan mates for the banner wanting Arteta out of your club, the same knobs will be licking his arse if you do manage to win the league
I joined to talk football during an exciting time. Yes i read big forums of all top 6 teams so don’t feel special. I like when fans of other teams post on Arsenal forum extra good content and discussion maybe try not taking it so personal

But you did only beat us by one goal at your place. So winning by a goal at home shows how weak Arsenal are? Go check the Xg for the United match they were holding on for dear life. Not what i saw in the FA cup tie on your own patch
If we win all our remaining games by ‘only’ 1 goal, I’m pretty sure we’ll be champions once again!
‘XG’is more made up bollocks that’s become a buzzword, at the end of the day, there’s only one stat that counts!
This isn’t Tennis, baseball or American football or any other‘analogy’ sport you care to mention…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.