Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

I'm never going to doubt KDB's ability or Gundogan's nuance but for me at this time neither are anywhere near their peak in terms of performance. Gundo isn't remotely near the form he displayed in '20-21 or even parts of last year. And KDB looks ragged, slow, and sloppy more often than not. I have never seen a slow, sloppy Bernardo even on his worst day. We can agree to disagree, that is OK, but I just don't see how we can accomplish anything this season, let alone catch Arsenal, with KDB and Gundo paired together in their current form. Not that I need anyone's backing, but I believe I'm far from the only City supporter who feels this way at this time. If Pep continues in this direction I have no choice but to hope I'm proven wrong on this one.
I have to agree, whenever Gundo and Kevin play together, we do not see the best of Kevin. He needs the defensive freedom, playing Bernie, gives him.

I joined to talk football during an exciting time. Yes i read big forums of all top 6 teams so don’t feel special. I like when fans of other teams post on Arsenal forum extra good content and discussion maybe try not taking it so personal
I dont take it personal mate, you have only come on here because you are top of the league, like I said why not join when you were not even top 4? So you have been reading the forum but not joined? Now top of the league you join? Enjoy your exciting time

The question, then, is why hasn't Guardiola tried out this midfield combination in cup games? I don't think Cup games are important at this stage of chasing down the Prem and Chump's League.

So, it's a 'free' hit.
He did in the game against Chelsea with Rodri behind them and we dropped a 4 nil on them with Philip also finding the net himself...haven't seen it since.

i am Arsenal backer why wouldn’t i want to banter with rival fans in title race. I am not here to attack your fans or side but people are real touchy when am observation that we will play better at home is seen as such a slight. I came in here after a loss, if you guys win i will congratulate you no issues losing to defending champs but i like our chances
"An Arsenal Backer"? What the fuck's one of those?

We ALL know why you're here, so why don't you just do everyone a massive favour & fuck off ya dick.

Would you be here if Arsenal were having a season like the last one? No!

City won an FA Cup tie. Are City fans infesting Arsenal forums bragging about laying down a marker in the title race? No!

You've gotten all giddy because you're 5 points clear with a game in hand, with a struggling City side as your closest challengers.

HOWEVER, we're at the halfway stage of the season with 19 games to play, & the actual Premier League trophy that matters is dished out in May.

So why aren't City fans infesting Arsenal forums after Friday's win? Because all we did was win an FA Cup tie. The actual FA Cup trophy that matters is dished out in May.

You'd do well to remember these facts ya Tarquin Twat!

Love the way we managed the game out for those last twenty minutes. We were drawing fouls and free kicks brilliantly (mind you, Tierney wouldn't have been giving them in the first half). Only slightly hairy moment was when Martinelli skinned Kyle. It was very interesting to see us say “Ok, you have the possession. Now let's see what you can do with it.” That's so unlike us, but sometimes I wish we'd do it a bit more often and in the right circumstances (cf. Real Madrid in CL!).
By the way, people on here have got into the habit of saying Bernardo doesn't want to be here and that his playing reflects it. Well stone me if his twenty minute cameo wasn't a model of commitment, intelligence and devotion to the cause. He was just what the doctor ordered when he came on. Complete mini-Duracell Bunny performance. I continue to hope we don't lose him.
People on here who slag Bernardo have no fucking idea what they're talking about , period.

I'm never going to doubt KDB's ability or Gundogan's nuance but for me at this time neither are anywhere near their peak in terms of performance. Gundo isn't remotely near the form he displayed in '20-21 or even parts of last year. And KDB looks ragged, slow, and sloppy more often than not. I have never seen a slow, sloppy Bernardo even on his worst day. We can agree to disagree, that is OK, but I just don't see how we can accomplish anything this season, let alone catch Arsenal, with KDB and Gundo paired together in their current form. Not that I need anyone's backing, but I believe I'm far from the only City supporter who feels this way at this time. If Pep continues in this direction I have no choice but to hope I'm proven wrong on this one.
The missing issue here is squad behaviour & harmony. If Pep isn't playing Bernardo & Cancelo because they're not performing how he wants & are agitating for moves, as it stands Gundog & Aké are our next best options.

Play a waning player in the final year of his contract, or play an out of form player who's agitating within the squad & wants to leave?

Personally I'm going with what is more likely to win me a match, with a firm plan to ditch the troublemakers come the summer.

Playing players who are acting the twat & not committed, over players who're down with City's project is a dangerous move, & one which will further damage squad harmony.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.