Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

The game that Potter put a half arsed team out?

With such a successful line up, there has to be reason Guardiola hasn't returned to it.

Not sure what he saw, but he makes those calls for good reason.
I'm not sure what he saw either. Looked awfully promising to me. Wish we could see more of it.

I'm not sure the narrative is in line with reality. There were games before the WC in which Bernardo was outstanding in both his execution and with a ridiculous work rate. He's not playing poorly, he's simply not playing...
I disagree. Both Bernardo & KDB are very good players, but like with Gerrard, what makes them great is that extra 10% effort they could find to increase the pressure on the opposition.

I've see it in fits & starts with both, but not in the sustained way we've become used to.

I know football's all about opinions & perspectives, but there's too many level headed City fans who've sensed the same things as I have. We can't all be reading the situation wrong mate.

But you still got Xhaka and Gabriel, ticking time bombs, when the pressure turns up a notch, tick tock tick tock, you know they will crack. Polish WC team, fuck me Harry Maquire went to the World Cup you tosser
I only mentioned our backup Kiwior because someone criticized Holding, which by the way i totally agree is garbage. And i like Xhaka as long as he is used as an AM, he is not a good player and forced tackle and cover ground which isn’t his strong suits.

Gabriel and Saliba are as well equipped as any to deal with Haaland no question best striker or player in world. Only thing i said that created a controversy was to say you guys are the better team but haven’t looked like yourselves and Arsenal will play better at home than they showed in FA cup tie. I don’t think any of it is controversial or even debatable.

Holding is trash as a backup i agree that is why replaced him in this limited role on the team

We bought Jack for his displays for Villa out left, I think he’s proved with us that he can definitely play a more central role , how often does he run with the ball to the right side of midfield ? He has an amazing turn of pace wifh excellent close ball control , I just get the feeling he’s going to be the future of out attacking midfield, why hasn’t Pep tried him there you ask ? Just maybe it will fall into Peps lap , because let’s have it right , both Foden and Jack deserve to start , they both can’t nail down that left position of the front three. This team will evolve , Gundo , and to a lesser extent Kev are at the twilights of their City careers. Watch this space I suppose.

I don't disagree.

I don't believe Grealish is a left sided midfielder in this Guardiola team, but you have to earn your 'preferred place' by being better than the current inhabitant of the position, which is why Zinchenko never got his midfield dream move when he was here, more than a couple of times.

Grealish doesn't do enough besides carry the ball for a safe pass, but he also plays like he's not a winger. Not sure I've seen him make a creative/ inventive pass forward yet, drifting into midfield. Foden has more chance of getting that berth of midfield general with 'x' player to work with in the future.

I hope I'm wrong on Grealish, but right now, Perrone is looking like he'd be paired with Rodri over Grealish and he hasn't even played a game yet! Philips is covering for Rodri and Foden has the chance to battle/ alternate with Alvarez for De Bruyne's position in the future.

Those maths leaves Grealish as an odd one out unless he hangs on to the left.

I'm not having a go, I just see it differently.

Re Haarland - not quite like watching Alex Harley chasing long balls from Matt Gray but not unlike watching Derek Kevan chasing balls from Jimmy Murray. Then with Ortaga making Trautmannesque dives at forwards‘ feet it was quite like days of yore.
A man after my own heart. 60 years watching City this season.

I don't disagree.

I don't believe Grealish is a left sided midfielder in this Guardiola team, but you have to earn your 'preferred place' by being better than the current inhabitant of the position, which is why Zinchenko never got his midfield dream move when he was here, more than a couple of times.

Grealish doesn't do enough besides carry the ball for a safe pass, but he also plays like he's not a winger. Not sure I've seen him make a creative/ inventive pass forward yet, drifting into midfield. Foden has more chance of getting that berth of midfield general with 'x' player to work with in the future.

I hope I'm wrong on Grealish, but right now, Perrone is looking like he'd be paired with Rodri over Grealish and he hasn't even played a game yet! Philips is covering for Rodri and Foden has the chance to battle/ alternate with Alvarez for De Bruyne's position in the future.

Those maths leaves Grealish as an odd one out unless he hangs on to the left.

I'm not having a go, I just see it differently.
Great post mate tbh , Gundo, Kev , and Bernardo are at the twilight of their careers for different reasons , so we either buy a top drawer player in the mould of Kev/Bernardo , or we give either Jack or Phil the opportunity in those positions, and buy a devastating left forward to fill the gap if either of Jack or Phil move inside , I’m of the opinion that we’ve seen nothing yet as to what Jack can offer - there is something there without question , Pep can see it by playing him at the expense of Foden.

Re Haarland - not quite like watching Alex Harley chasing long balls from Matt Gray but not unlike watching Derek Kevan chasing balls from Jimmy Murray. Then with Ortaga making Trautmannesque dives at forwards‘ feet it was quite like days of yore.
Not many of us left that can remember those days !

I disagree. Both Bernardo & KDB are very good players, but like with Gerrard, what makes them great is that extra 10% effort they could find to increase the pressure on the opposition.

I've see it in fits & starts with both, but not in the sustained way we've become used to.

I know football's all about opinions & perspectives, but there's too many level headed City fans who've sensed the same things as I have. We can't all be reading the situation wrong mate.
Its all good. Me, I'm riding with Bernardo over this Gundo all day every day.

Unfortunately I believe we're coming to the end of an era, for several reasons but IMHO the signs are there. It's just the way football is. Nothing lasts forever and the past 10 years has been a great ride. Someone else will no doubt take our place. I would just like us now to find a way to win the PL 3 times in a row plus the CL. Just to get that monkey off our back. That's all. After that whatever happens, happens.

Reactions: flb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.