Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Unfortunately I believe we're coming to the end of an era, for several reasons but IMHO the signs are there. It's just the way football is. Nothing lasts forever and the past 10 years has been a great ride. Someone else will no doubt take our place. I would just like us now to find a way to win the PL 3 times in a row plus the CL. Just to get that monkey off our back. That's all. After that whatever happens, happens.
Agreed. Nothing lasts forever, but I don't think we're coming to an abrupt end of an era. We're just evolving like we did when we waved goodbye to Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Aguero & Fernandinho.

I can feasibly see Gundog, Bernardo & Cancelo leaving in the summer, & I think we need a KDB replacement to rotate him with over the next 2 seasons.

Add Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko & Fernandinho to the mix, that's seven big first team players we could potentially lose within 12 months, with Walker, KDB & Mahrez all approaching 32/33 years old. There's another 3 that'll need replacing over the next 2 seasons too.

City work on projections. Our bosses will be aware of exactly what our situation is, & what we need to do. Over the last 5 seasons, we've won the "Net Spend" trophy, whilst at the same time we've reached the top of the global football earnings league.

I doubt Sheikh Mansour needs the money we've brought in from transfers & from not spending our full transfer budgets. I reckon they've projected what we will probably need over last summer, this summer & the summer of 2024, & the money we have accruing in the bank is there for the huge squad rebuilding job Pep signed a 2 year extension to oversee.

Agreed. Nothing lasts forever, but I don't think we're coming to an abrupt end of an era. We're just evolving like we did when we waved goodbye to Yaya, Silva, Kompany, Aguero & Fernandinho.

I can feasibly see Gundog, Bernardo & Cancelo leaving in the summer, & I think we need a KDB replacement to rotate him with over the next 2 seasons.

Add Sterling, Jesus, Zinchenko & Fernandinho to the mix, that's seven big first team players we could potentially lose within 12 months, with Walker, KDB & Mahrez all approaching 32/33 years old. There's another 3 that'll need replacing over the next 2 seasons too.

City work on projections. Our bosses will be aware of exactly what our situation is, & what we need to do. Over the last 5 seasons, we've won the "Net Spend" trophy, whilst at the same time we've reached the top of the global football earnings league.

I doubt Sheikh Mansour needs the money we've brought in from transfers & from not spending our full transfer budgets. I reckon they've projected what we will probably need over last summer, this summer & the summer of 2024, & the money we have accruing in the bank is there for the huge squad rebuilding job Pep signed a 2 year extension to oversee.
I agree with all you say. Its just that I get the feeling that football being what it is, and PGMOL massaging the rules, we may see a change a-coming. I hope I'm wrong though !

But you did only beat us by one goal at your place. So winning by a goal at home shows how weak Arsenal are? Go check the Xg for the United match they were holding on for dear life. Not what i saw in the FA cup tie on your own patch
I've never known anyone to win a game by the bollocks that is Xg, its the ones that hit the back of the net that count

I agree with all you say. Its just that I get the feeling that football being what it is, and PGMOL massaging the rules, we may see a change a-coming. I hope I'm wrong though !
It's nothing other successful teams haven't faced before. The good thing with City is we've a track record for projecting what's needed & acting early before it becomes a major issue... Apart from securing a proper fuckin left footed left back! :-/

This has happened a few times as we've regenerated over the last 10 years, and each time we've improved. It may well be the end of an era for some, but I can't wait to see what's about to unfold as our new era unfolds.
All things must pass, but, to be building on what we've got - including the best striker in world football, and another fantastic young Argentinian in support, and Foden to refind his fitness and form - is unbelievable. 3 world class players, ignoring everyone else.
Bring it on.

Last edited:
I've never known anyone to win a game by the bollocks that is Xg, its the ones that hit the back of the net that count
Did you watch the match and not think United fortunate to be tied and holding on for dear life? That is point, be honest if they got a point it would be a giant snatch and grab. I don’t rate XG much but to show who controlled the flow of play in one stat it is ok, which was my point

Did you watch the match and not think United fortunate to be tied and holding on for dear life? That is point, be honest if they got a point it would be a giant snatch and grab. I don’t rate XG much but to show who controlled the flow of play in one stat it is ok, which was my point
I also remember a semi final at Wembley where Arsenal were played off the park but won, with something like 29% possession

I also remember a semi final at Wembley where Arsenal were played off the park but won, with something like 29% possession
Yeah but my question was did you think United were hanging on to a fortuitous point by the skin of their teeth? I frankly was surprised the match stayed even till 90th minute. The point being that we will play better at Emirates and this FA cup tie doesn’t really do much other than give you guys a place in next round. It isn’t some big statement match. If i was Arteta I wouldn’t of played Partey, Ode, or Saka. Saka for some bizarre reason played against Oxford in previous round has not had a blow after a very active WC, i think it is a mistake

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.