Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

Ortega, 9 - two superb saves in the first half and great, calm goalkeeping at the end

Lewis, 6 - did alright tonight, even if he looked a bit insecure at times
Stones, 7 - get hamstring transplants, for the love of god
Akanji, 8 - very good tonight, well done
Ake, 9 - what a finish that was, and a great display overall too

Rodri, 6 - poor first half, more like himself in the second
Gundogan, 5 - bit flat all night, to be honest, but he's allowed an off day
De Bruyne, 6 - similar to Gundogan but dug deep in the second half to keep us on top

Mahrez, 6 - didn't get much joy tonight but applied himself and looked dangerous occasionally
Haaland, 6 - given a thankless task tonight, didn't get much joy, but kept going
Grealish, 9 - the guy's fucking dynamite and thank god his hard work is now bearing fruit in the G/A column

Special mention for Alvarez off the bench.
Grealish in particular is growing on me and part of it is his "balls" and I don't mean his passes / crosses! He certainly gives it back in spades and he just loves telling opponents where to go! Just a touch more end product is all that is missing.

Looks like he’s complaining that they tried to get him sent off. Pathetic
He was trying too hard to impress against us for me, and he kept committing fouls even after he'd been booked.

All looked fine at the end, and I'm sure once he had calmed down he was with our lads for a bit, he's a good lad, but a bit over the top in his efforts tonight, which is a shame because his normal game is not like that.

The first half thank God for Ortega as we were playing against 12 men, that ref is a disgrace, we looked better when Laporte came on he can spread the play better than anyone at the back, pity him and Stones didn’t start together to give us assuredness at the back. Akanji worries me he is not the best on the ball and looks the weak link when he plays. Sadly KDB needs dropping, he’s contributing very little in the minutes he’s playing, something definitely wrong with him.
The two games in the league are going to be huge, Arsenal look like us in 17/18 season, they are rapid and we will need to be at our very best to take anything off them, get past Spurs and it’s on as I think Everyon and new managwr take points of Arsenal next weekend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.