Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

No one proclaimed victory it is a straw man argument. Are you saying Arsenal don’t have a good chance then wager with the bookies who disagree with you. I think we got a good chance. You seem to think it is preordained you win every trophy seems naive and entitled. Ps you beat Lfc when they were in CL. We don’t care about Europa so different scenario. Again no one seems to be proclaiming victory but you think you guys should or will win every trophy just because you have more money doesn’t work that way
City have often been overlooked by the bookies, so I don't hold much interest in what they have to say, because the team that wins will be the one deserving of praise and right now it is far too soon to suggest this FA Cup tie was indicative of anything.

"We don't care about Europa!" Or the FA Cup it seems, which is a tad embarassing because you should really take EVERY competition your team is in seriously, regardless of its so called 'prestige'. Oof, how embarassing is it going to be if Arsenal actually fail to win the PL BUT lift the Europa League title? You're going to look a bit of a fool, aren't you, celebrating Arsenal's 'non-achievement'.

I'm not in the habit of "sacrificing" one competition in favour of winning another; I have my preferences, of course, but I also expect City to compete for every single title and cup we are still eligible to win. Sadly I doubt that means much to a 'glory fan' like yourself who is only interested in the 'big' prizes it seems.

Few at City are saying we're favourites to win; we're saying that the title race is far from over, unlike what the Arsenal fans have been crowing about at the halfway stage.

Allow me to remind you what YOU typed... :-/

So Mr "I'm not arsed about last night's loss" is so NOT arsed about losing, he's STILL on a rival fans' forum the day after, STILL bellyaching about the game he's apparently not arsed about losing...

If you're NOT arsed about losing last night, WTF are you STILL doing here! You're fooling no one ya fuckin dick.

Don't come on here like a giddy Billy Big Bollox chatting shit & then giving it all the faux outrage when someone calls you out for the bollock brain you are...
Lol, anger chill you won I congratulated you what are your expectations to have everyone else’s fans anoint City as the greatest? I am not arsed about loss i took positives from our loss and you lost it. You are the one unhinged here. I got to be sad and admit you guys will win league like it is pre ordained? well sorry football doesn’t work that way you may still win league great. But i think we will pip it, but wouldn’t be surprised if City made it 3 in row. It is a close run contest my point

Last edited:
I would normally and much prefer btw, taking the train. I don’t enjoy flying that much. However, for a Friday night kickoff at 8pm and given there are no trains today from Piccadilly to Euston, I had no choice but at extra expense to fly and so staying over for the night was the only option. My mates had separate rooms, of course. Motel One Piccadilly had good rates at £79 per night. Sad thing was, we couldn’t find a decent champagne and caviar bar in Manchester ;-) ..though we did have excellent fish and chips for lunch at Mr. Thomas Chop House served with Manchester caviar (mushy peas). They also serve a decent pint of Guinness. I heartily recommend it.
Beats eels i suppose , or that piss you call lager in London.

Jellied eels, tried one once and spat it out, horrible, nowt wrong with gravy on yer fish and chips.

There’s no accounting for taste. I like jellied eels, a fine delicacy (I do admit, given the sharp bone inside them, there is really no elegant way to eat them). Gravy on fish and chips would kill the taste of the dish (unless that’s the intention?). Many northerners like curry sauce on their chips, I don’t much preferring salt and vinegar. I’ve also noticed many northerners like their steaks cooked ‘well done’ (aka well buggered), I prefer mine rare. Each to their own.

I think you guys are better side now but better side can’t win every title every year. And in post WC year your established internationals are being asked a lot of physically that our team is not. I think Pep in his heart of heart would trade a league title for CL in a second, so would your fans i think
Not for me mate - 3 on the bounce pisses all over the European FA Cup

City have often been overlooked by the bookies, so I don't hold much interest in what they have to say, because the team that wins will be the one deserving of praise and right now it is far too soon to suggest this FA Cup tie was indicative of anything.

"We don't care about Europa!" Or the FA Cup it seems, which is a tad embarassing because you should really take EVERY competition your team is in seriously, regardless of its so called 'prestige'. Oof, how embarassing is it going to be if Arsenal actually fail to win the PL BUT lift the Europa League title? You're going to look a bit of a fool, aren't you celebrating Arsenal's non-achievement.

I'm not in the habit of "sacrificing" one competition in favour of winning another; I expect City to compete for every single title and cup we are still eligible to win. Sadly I doubt that means much to a 'glory fan' like yourself who is only interested in the 'big' prizes it seems.

Few at City are saying we're favourites to win; we're saying that the title race is far from over, unlike what the Arsenal fans have been crowing about at the halfway stage.
I never said it was over i keep repeating it is a close race which seems to annoy you guys. I never proclaimed victory. And yes like every football fan in world i would rather focus on PL than Europa. But again which Arsenal fan anywhere said City doesn’t have a good chance. In fact the reverse seems to be true Arsenal fans saying we got a good shot seems to bother you guys. That is all i said that it is a close race with both teams in it

Beats eels i suppose , or that piss you call lager in London.

I don’t drink lager, however, most lagers I believe are national brands. What fine lagers do you drink that are exclusive to the north? At least we know how to serve cask bitter drawn up by gravity pumps not that keg stuff you lot pump up with gas from nitrogen cylinders.

I don’t drink lager, however, most lagers I believe are national brands. What fine lagers do you drink that are exclusive to the north? At least we know how to serve cask bitter drawn up by gravity pumps not that keg stuff you lot pump up with gas from nitrogen cylinders.
You can’t educate the uneducated i suppose, it’s typical of you cockneys , you don’t look further north than Watford , funnily enough though , the powerhouse of English football , is and always has been the north west of England, you can keep your knife crime and your eels firmly darn sarf mi old mucka, leave the football to the north , we have gravy on our football , not fucking parsley sauce.

The last comment from me on nutrition. I can also recommend the Piccadilly Wetherspoons where we had a good cooked breakfast this morning for incredible value. Though, I must say it was surprising to see people drinking beer at 9 o’clock in the morning…

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.