Arsenal (H) - FA Cup | Post Match Thread

So you believe that Arsenal fans everywhere want to focus on PL than Europa, yet state that City will focus on winning everything, which they can't do, and that's where they'll slip up and why you believe Arsenal can win ahead of City.

As I said to you, WE have been in this position, chasing the leading team in January still with an overinflated fixture list, before. It strains credulity to have someone state they appear to be more confident than fans of said club who have seen this scenario play out many times. That is what comes across as 'irritiating', especially when you attempt to correct others.
Again i will just leave it, other than saying the obvious that both teams have a chance and I didn’t proclaim victory. This City team hasn’t impressed me in league yet like other editions. In 2 weeks home match Emirates will be a match Arsenal absolutely need to do well in and win or it will hurt us in title hunt obviously

Never got out of second gear. Arsenal, aside from the two chances which were well saved in the opening half hour, offered absolutely nothing.

Zero cutting edge, we were happy to cede up some possession and not be caught on the counter.

It won't be easy on the eye, but Pep was incredibly smart and did something Arteta wouldn't have expected.

We played over the top of the midfield and in to Haaland, who probably touched the ball more than any game so far.

Pep knows Arteta would go man for man and their press would ensure both our wide men would be facing our own goal when receiving possession.

Ortega's ability to clip the ball over really was pivotal as the game wore on.

The game showed we need younger legs in the middle and Gundo is slowing down at an alarming rate.

Bernie brought a freshness and we can be very encouraged how Zin was targeted in the air when Walker came on.

Ake is as good as any left back playing right now in the league and deserves all the praise.

Gutted for Stones again but Dias and Laporte being available will temper that loss.

Arsenal have no cutting edge and listening to their fans leaving the Etihad singing we are top of the league, was amusing.

Sounded like Scousers, but with a team half the quality.

City players deserve credit. In the last month we have played Liverpool, Chelsea twice, United away, Spurs home and Arsenal.

And the only loss in that lot was an officiating robbery.

Shame we won't follow Arsenal's lead and strengthen in this window, though.
Shift out Cancelo & buy Gvardiol?

Cancelo looks done imo

Lol, anger chill you won I congratulated you what are your expectations to have everyone else’s fans anoint City as the greatest? I am not arsed about loss i took positives from our loss and you lost it. You are the one unhinged here. I got to be sad and admit you guys will win league like it is pre ordained? well sorry football doesn’t work that way you may still win league great. But i think we will pip it, but wouldn’t be surprised if City made it 3 in row. It is a close run contest my point
I've lost nowt mate. If fans on this forum "lose it", you'd be in no doubt whatsoever.

The only unhinged plank around here is the Goon who's STILL on a rival fans' forum claiming he's not arsed about losing.

This season's made you giddy, so you thought to yourself "Hey, let me pop along to Bluemoon claiming I'm not arsed about losing", but your real intent is to latently rub our noses in the fact you're 5 points ahead in the title race, with a game in hand.

HOWEVER allow me to point out a few facts.

1. Arsenal maybe "Champions" of the "Halfway Stage Cup", but we're exactly midway through the season & FYI, the main trinkets are handed out in May.

2. It's not how you start, it's how you finish that counts.

3. The better team always wins.

Now whether that better team is Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Spuds, ManUre or whoever else, over the course of 38 games, they'll have deserved it.

Like I said, you're fooling no one Tarquin...

The further north you go from London the better the football , beer and music gets.
Football I’m with you, beer not so much, some great southern beers.
Music, at least the music I like I think Manchester / North West is quite unrepresented in my collection compared to rest of the UK.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.