Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Fantastic. Arsenal have just proven that they have no idea how to win a title. That was absolutely desperation at a level I've never seen before in 55+ years of watching the match, a game in which you would think they had to win to avoid going down. If that's a great performance the game's gone totally. A good 15 minutes of timewasting that our supposed best ref had no clue how to handle.

And the bottom line? They still couldn't beat us. There's only one team CAPABLE of winning the title if they're the top two, and it's not Arsenal.

Not great but still rescued a point from the situation.

Started on fire and looked brilliant.

Rodri off and the Walker mistake set us back. Hope rodder is ok.

Arse played well and deserved a point for defending not the cheating.

All in all, no real harm done.

A more set of wankers you will never find on a pitch.

Champions.
We were on fire up to the Rodri injury. Conceding like we did so soon after really rocked us.

The Gabriel goal is what I’m most upset about in that match.
Their first was a one in a hundred shot.
Their set pieces are hardly a surprise though. Two blocking the keeper and Gabriel stealing into the six yard area is standard.

Look at the way their keeper just plucks our corners out of the air unchallenged. The difference is stark.

Not too many pointing out Gvardiol's role in that goal. It's zonal marking, he has to attack the ball there. Very weak and a part of his game that needs big improvement

I can’t fault the players’ effort today. Still, Pep and his staff’s team selection and in-game adjustments were... not good.

Starting Walker when he’s been a genuine liability since last year and somehow even more shambolic in the games he’s played thus far this season is inexcusable for me. Lewis has defended against better and quicker wingers all season while being ten times the player as Walker on the ball. Even then, admit the mistake and bring on Lewis at halftime. Especially when you know they’re going to put all ten behind the ball. To that point, why not also bring on goal-scorers/players who are better on the ball? Foden should have come on far sooner, and players like McAtee and Nunes with strong shots should have been considered as well. Why Gundo and Bernardo stayed on is beyond me. We had Kovacic, Akanji, Walker and Dias all around the penalty box until the 70th minute. Why would that worry Arsenal? Just go for it, Pep. Nonetheless, happy to grab a point from that, obviously.

Also, did we prepare for their corner-kick routines? Surely, the plan to counter them wasn’t just to allow three players to surround Ederson unimpeded. However, I do think the FA has to crack down on these things.

The biggest concern is obviously Rodri. That did not look good, and if he’s out long-term, it would be a hammer blow to the season.
why highlight the injury at the end of your post , you have a habit of slagging the team albe it subtly

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.