Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

You may prove to be correct on your first point. However, Rodder's injury aside, I can't help feeling yesterday's outcome was a psychological blow in our favour. Imagine you're an Arsenal player who's participated in one of the most egregious displays of footballing shithousery ever witnessed at the home of your principal rival. You are literally seconds from victory when all that cheating - for that's what it was - proves to be for naught. I'm sure you must be thinking (albeit privately), we can't beat them by fair means and we can't beat them by foul. You'd be utterly crestfallen. As a City player, snatching a deserved draw from the jaws of defeat in such circumstances, will feel like a victory and simply reinforce the belief in our supremacy. Fuck Arsenal and all they stand for!
Felt like a win to me

Arsenal fans sang the old 'Where were you' fairly early on yesterday. Here are the attendance facts in case anybody needs them (follow the link):

Superb Gary, thanks.

It came to this I need to celebrate a point at home against 10 men Arsenal after we turned to jelly in span of 10 minutes in the first half.
I am not sure what is Pep trying to do, but he is fecking it up big time. Inter in the final year and half ago, RM last season, any strong team in the PL last season, United in the FA cup final, Inter again in the CL and now Arsenal at home. Haaland against back five and being immovable object around the penalty spot is not working. He scored when we caught them off guard on the through ball, but it is becoming bloody rarity against the resolute defence. Please tell me where I am getting it wrong?
#Baldfraud. You're so right - Pep Out!

Pep's tactics is the best when it comes to striking a balance between attack and defence. That's way he conquers leagues like no other manager in history.

But the balance yesterday wasn't there in the 2nd half. It was pointless to play with 4 defenders (Stones didn't play at the back).

When we saw that Saka was off, we should have played only Walker and Akanji in defence, both are sufficiently quick to deal with counters (only Martinelli was threatening at that point), let big and strong guys like Dias/Stones and Gvardiol help Haaland in the box, and be more direct causing chaos near their goal. Passing the ball around the box makes sense when the opposition is not a man down, but it is less productive vs a 9 man defence.

Pep dislikes direct football for a reason, but against 10 men it could be more efficient. More chaos, less order should have been the tactics.

Bernardo not pulling any punches.

"It started in the first second. From the very first play we saw what was going to happen," Silva said after the game. "We ended up having a player injured, because in 10 minutes they sent him to the ground twice. It turned out that the first goal we conceded was a play in which the referee called our captain to talk and then didn't let him recover his position.

"The second goal we concede is a move in which our goalkeeper is blocked and the referee allows it. And then a series of events that the referee was allowing, wasting time, and what I think bothers me the most is that we have meetings with the FA at the start of the season, they always tell us that they're going to control these situations and prevent them from happening.

"But at the end of the day, words are worth little, because they talk, they talk and nothing happens."
Superb stuff. Club legend.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.