Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Arsenal are fuming with Haaland, and it's 100% part of his plan. He went into that game to prove to them they can't push him over, he caned a few of them and its no different to some of the treatment he's had off them previously - all part of the game. I do think he went a bit over the top at the end when he was going after them after the whistle, the shit housery is part of the game and Arsenal are starting to use it more than most. Just remember it for next game and move on, now they are a bit more pumped up for the return but as a team we just need to use them being angry at Haaland to create space for others.

I have seen a few City fans though complain about how Arsenal played, how do you expect them to play? I thought in the first half we were battering them, Oliver changes the game with the Walker incident and that gets some wind in the sails for Arsenal. I thought the way we managed that was poor, firstly Doku marking Gabriel?! Then Walker giving it the big captain game and completely doing the opposite of what was needed to be done and giving Gabriel a clear run! I know everyone says its a clear second yellow for the Arsenal player but i feel like if Oliver hadn't made that shit decision against Walker earlier on, he doesn't send this guy off and just warns him (which i personally think is ok). But since he'd already fucked the game up, he felt something was needed. After that i don't think we can complain about how Arsenal went about it, they did their job and even the play acting is all part and parcel of it.

We didn't react well enough, fucking no point having our 3 CB's stood outside the D taking pot shots or trying through-balls? If we're gonna do that then keep Walker on as the lone guy to run back, put Dias and Akanji nearer to Haaland like we did with Stones and then there's a point in crossing the ball. Gundo, Foden, Bernardo and Kova should be the ones looking for spaces and through balls as well as shooting.

In the end i thought it was a fair result, i think if the Walker incident doesn't happen, even with Rodri coming off we were gonna get another. I think if they didn't get a sending off the game would have been "easier" for us in that there would be space to break them down, but once again we have shown the world how shit our officiating is.

Would rather have a ticket for the away fixture of this, than any Oasis reunion.
Hottest ticket in town - going to x rated violence.

Imagine if they actually set up to play football? we'd slaughter the. I suspect though that by the time we play them they would have lost a lot of points because they are over emotional cry babies and the best they will be is trying to stay in the top 4.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.