Arsenal (H) | PL | Post-match Thread

Going back to the game while I found Haaland throwing the ball at Gabriel's head funny, then clattering into somebody shortly afterwards great, I wouldn't be laughing now if he had been sent off, or retrospectively charged with violent conduct and banned for three games. I'm actually surprised sky etcetera hasn't clamoured for this to happen and started the ball rolling. Passion and fight is great but controlled. Getting banned just plays into our opponents hands and is exactly what dark arts Arsenal would want. Very cool heads will be required for the return fixture.

Gushing praise for a defensive mindset from a League 1 side down to 10 at the Etihad, that I can understand. The current adulation for what we had to witness on Sunday is plain potty.
Arsenal had taken / stolen / been gifted by Oliver (delete as applicable) the lead against the current club world champions and were down to ten men.
The packed defence made perfect sense in the context of the game and nobody should be complaining. - We see enough games when we're one goal ahead and take the ball to the corner rather than try to score another, and that's the best team in the world with eleven men.
The problem isn't parking the bus. The problem is the constant disruption to the game by feigning injury and general time-wasting. This has been going on for several years at all levels but Arsenal are culprits at the highest level and referees must be aware they are being taken for fools.
There's a reluctance to delay treatment in case the injury is serious, but Arsenal take the piss and PiGMOL need to act.
Ha, ha: PiGMOL acting against arsenal? The joke thread is elsewhere.

I have. City played them enough between 1962-63 and 1965-66. The last time was a 2-2 draw at Brisbane Road in May 1966. It was three days after City clnched promotion at Rotherham
Was that the one where Derek Jeffries got announced as Horatio Jeffries? And Harry Dowd in the programme as "Henry David"?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.