Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

I'm disappointed but I'm not going to join in any criticism of the players or the manager. MY disappointment is that we didn't win but we never looked as though we were going to lose. Arsenal came to us as the highest scoring team in the PL and never looked like getting a goal. And this with us having to field a back five which had never played together and which was disrupted further when Ake had to go off - and yet kept a clean sheet. They were excellent, Gvardiol especially. Further forward we were nowhere near our best. KdB and Phil were off but we know very well that they did their best and gave their all. Erling made the runs, came deeper but often didn't receive the ball. And, not to beat about the bush, we were up against a side that defended deep and pulled everyone back. Their area was packed. I can't and don't criticise them for this because they got what they came for. So, a disappointment but nothing was won or lost and it serves to highlight just how brilliant we've been over the last few years.

People blaming haaland are looking in the wrong place and either cant see the issue or wont.

KDB is being shoehorned into the team at the expense of our most inform attacking player in foden - KDBis nowhere near the player he has been for starts and secondly this nullifies foden.
The other issue is Kovacic who bring s much needed balance to the team (esp with KDB on the pitch) BUT doesnt add the creative spark or goals of a gundo - Haaland is being asked to do the job off no service as our wide players are players who arent wingers (except when Doku is on the pitch) and our main supply line in KDB in the big games has run out of gas

Summer is looking very important - its time to take that decision on KDB I feel - Nunes was a panick buy after Paquetta fell through.

The real one for me is Wirtz however - but I dont think we will get him
Come on Simon KDB is only 32 its not a remake of Old Yella ffs

I’m not good and definitely not a Sir, you weirdo

I can disagree that you aren't good, you are, believe in yourself more my friend. But we can find some commonality in agreeing that I'm a bit or weirdo, I'd agree with you on that 1. Thank you for your time

Bit flat after that. Felt like we never really got going and considering Arsenal never laid a glove on us, disappointing we didn’t grasp the game.

You may of been taking the piss but you were also right because Halaand hasn't contributed at all in the last 3 games against us or against Inter and doesn't fit with Pep's total football philosophy. Remember Pep wanted Kane who's a better pure footballer and had to be convinced to take Halaand because he was better long term value. For those reasons I think Alravez has potential to be Pep's number 1 long term or at least in big games

Yea we could have picked up yellow's earlier but you had a fair few fouls that weren't called too. Swing and roundabouts.
Swings and roundabouts my fucking arse. The amount of yellow cards you avoided today was scandalous. 6 or 7 players should have been walking a second yellow tightrope. As for 28% possession arsenal your lack of ambition was utterly fucking pathetic. You’ve played well so far in 2024 but celebrating a point like you’ve won a trophy when the dippers have got the clear advantage is small time. You’ve won it all, my fucking arse

White flag today. Anti football too, only the Jesus chance looked like breaking the deadlock. Arsenal celebrating handing it it Liverpool.

We are not at the races verses to teams this season, just lose or draw.

Whilst we weren’t great Arsenal made it difficult both saka and Jesus played a lot of the game like double fullbacks. I was surprised by Arsenal I felt it was a game they would really put it on us.

We just got to keep plugging away and see where that takes us. Definitely a big summer to come. We really need a better transfer window this time around.

You may of been taking the piss but you were also right because Halaand hasn't contributed at all in the last 3 games against us or against Inter and doesn't fit with Pep's total football philosophy. Remember Pep wanted Kane who's a better pure footballer and had to be convinced to take Halaand because he was better long term value. For those reasons I think Alravez has potential to be Pep's number 1 long term or at least in big games

Yea we could have picked up yellow's earlier but you had a fair few fouls that weren't called too. Swing and roundabouts.
Haaland scored both home and away against you lot last season on top of lifting 5 trophies, Along with scoring 52 goals in a single season.

How on earth can you say "He doesn't fit Peps style of football"? When clearly he does fit Peps style of football, Proof is in the pudding.

It's also quite funny how you Arsenal fans are getting so much fun just over "Stopping Haaland scoring", Is their a "Stopped Haaland Scoring Trophy" at the end of the season by ant chance? Well you lot may hope that their is because you won't be winning anything else.

Park the bus wankers.

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a game where we won the ball back so often in the oppositions box and yet it never lead to a shot.

Seriously 3/4 times we mugged them in their own box, had a sight of their goal, and tried to pass or cross it instead.

Wait for the dust to settle but I think this is back to back league games the manager has fucked up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.