Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

I am livid, this game goes into same category as Chelsea, Spurs, Pool home games, they were there for taking but our inability to test Raya at all is fucking disappointing...

we had the chance to to put a marker down by winning at Anfield and today in quick succession but we only got two draws due to a stupid defensive error and a complete failure of creating some decent chances at home today.

just not good enough, last year with Gundo,Mahrez and genrally better form we rip apart a club that plays like Arse today.

our pressing upfront is horrible, Foden, Haaland, KDB all did fuck all in this sense, and neither did they create any panic for them. it had a feeling this game could go another 90 minutes with Raya not needing to show a save.

probably bit less of hunger after treble, pretty mediocre replenishment, KDB out for too long, Grealish is 5th of the player he was last year, Haaland about half of the player, defence is generally wobbly, all this results in us not able to beat any of Chelsea, Spurs, Pool, Arse (or the worst Palace) at home.(or Chelsea, Pool, Arse, Wolves away) well those lost points will be missed.

bit worried about Villa now who was the team who we could have lost by 3/4 goals against in the away game as Emery completely owned Pep there tactically they ripped us apart with there pressing and tempo and intensity.

whie rivals have fantasic easy games, Arse-Sheffield, dippers-luton. about 4-5 goals for each.
Horrible feeling to agree with most of this.
Just believe for a bit longer though, 15 games to play on all fronts. I think we turn up against Villa, snap out of it and do everyone in.

You may of been taking the piss but you were also right because Halaand hasn't contributed at all in the last 3 games against us or against Inter and doesn't fit with Pep's total football philosophy. Remember Pep wanted Kane who's a better pure footballer and had to be convinced to take Halaand because he was better long term value. For those reasons I think Alravez has potential to be Pep's number 1 long term or at least in big games

Yea we could have picked up yellow's earlier but you had a fair few fouls that weren't called too. Swing and roundabouts.

Can I just say you dont have a winners mentally. That was a truly pathetic performance from a team 'trying' to win the league.
Scared to take on a make shift back 4 plus reserve keeper.
I was expecting a good game of football but the gooners shit the bed, fouled at will and a fucking time wasting wanker of a keeper.

I dont want the dippers to win the league but at least they didnt shit the bed and gave us a game. Arsenal played like a mid table team not a top 4 team

Fuck me the fannies are out in force tonight on here.

Some of the replies are absolutely hilarious. Title gone? Boring city?

Can I just remind people who are talking absolute bollocks, we won the treble last year and this season should really in reality have been a season of taking stock, take a bit of a dip in form and regroup for a charge next season.

And what have we got? We're still in the running for the 3 big one's again. For us to be still in touch is actually quite remarkable given the fact we've lost gundo and Mahrez and we've had our big hitters out injured.

Arsenal and the smelly cunts are playing at full tilt, we are nowhere playing at 100% yet we're only 3pts off top.

Some posters need to get a grip, the geezer who started this thread is obviously only been coming for a few years, what a load of shite post to start this thread off.

Keep the faith you old boys who have been watching us through thick and thin. You half and half scarf wankers fuckin do one.

Super city.

I can’t believe the outrage at Arsenal turning up and not trying to win the game, employing the dark arts etc. It’s a results business, I dare say Arteta doesn’t give a fuck about the entertainment levels when he’s come away with a point

Anthony Taylor actually did us a favour by not getting his yellow card out …it was about the only thing that got the crowd going.

If they tried to go toe to toe with us I would nt have fancied their chances (although today who knows given the number of players who were off it!)

Still plenty of football to be played but on todays showing I’m not confident.
Yeah it’s really handy that. If he’d have booked those that deserved booking they’d all have been on a tightrope and not able to continue fouling. I wouldn’t want that captain Scarlett **** anywhere near our club

Maybe so, he scores a lot of goals, but imo we were a far better football team before he arrived. We've changed our game for the worse to accommodate him, and he plays like a stat padding donkey.
He'll be gone before long so we have to build around Rodri rather than Haaland.
There is no doubt that Rodri is the star of the show. He is definitely the player to build around. If Haaland can step up or adapt, great. If not, he can fuck off somewhere else. Not bothered one bit..

When Gvardiol gets rid of that wayward pass he has in him he's going to be fucking awesome. You could see it today and he's looking more comfortable every time we play.

Yep

He's still young and playing in a position that's not really his original position, so he has the odd lapse with a mad pass. Once he irons that out, which he will, he's clearly going to be great.

Which genius dreamt up the cunning plan over recent games to ping almost every corner right into their goalkeepers hands where we offer no threat at all.
We don't have a set piece coach and havent since pep joined so I'd probably blame the corner takers

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.