Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

Haaland getting zero service again . Arsenal were gutless if they really want to win the league they had to win today not drop points . Us ? we have become predictable and slow but still hard to beat . Our midfield cutting edge has gone losing both Gundogan and Mahrez and not replacing at least one of them . Kovacic is very good at what he does but he isn’t dynamic like Gundogan and Mahrez. Phillips and Nunes are both a disaster, a lot of money spent there for very few performances. Huge summer window ahead !

I can’t believe the outrage at Arsenal turning up and not trying to win the game, employing the dark arts etc. It’s a results business, I dare say Arteta doesn’t give a fuck about the entertainment levels when he’s come away with a point

Anthony Taylor actually did us a favour by not getting his yellow card out …it was about the only thing that got the crowd going.

If they tried to go toe to toe with us I would nt have fancied their chances (although today who knows given the number of players who were off it!)

Still plenty of football to be played but on todays showing I’m not confident.

In reality, my team couldn't do much against your team because of your pressing, you just kept taking the ball of us. So we had to drop deep and defend. It was a great pressing performance and possession performance from City. And Arsenal had to survive by dropping deep to defend.

Please explain how the title has gone with 9 games to go?? How long have you supported this club?? How many times have we clawed back deficits far greater and won the league..!
Way too much defeatist talk on here, no way I’m giving up the title until it’s impossible to win… That’s what other teams do..!

Not only (with gd) so we need Liverpool to drop points in 2 games…

We need Arsenal to drop points too.

We look toothless in the games we could have made a difference in.

It’s not happening.

And I’ve supported City all my life. So going on 34 years now.

Gutted about the result, not sure we were creative enough or had enough shots. Reminded me of the CL final vs Inter quite a bit.

Still, if we don't win it this season then its not down to just today.
Better teams have started to nullify us. Isolate Haaland and cut off his supply and he is invisible. The high press worked well against Ortega too who isn’t as quick as releasing the pass as Ederson.

We don’t look like the same side for me this season. We have done well to be thereabouts but I really can’t see us winning all out games as we just don’t look great currently and haven’t all season bar the odd game.

Understandable after last seasons exploits and with the injuries we have add. Add some poor signings into the mix and it’s starting to looks like it’s caught up with us a bit.

You never know though. Stranger things have happened.

Not criticising, just thought Alvarez would have been a better option after half time.

And if it still finished 0-0, people would have a go for taking our best goalscorer off...

At the end of the day, our creative players created fuck all today, that would've been the same with Alvarez on the pitch too because there was simply too many lacklustre performances from key players today, that was the problem.

We tried and tried, but couldn’t find the right opening. For a entertaining game you need both sides. Arsenal came for a point and got it. That’s also football.
When looking back there are several games we dropped points that could cost us. This was not one of them.

I still think there will be a few twist and turns. History has proven this many times. We just have to concentrate on the next game vs Villa. And win as many as possible.

The worst thing about all this is that we all have to support the Rags next weekend.

Bloody awful from us.

Although special mention to Taylor who managed to book zero Arsenal players for their 226 fouls. The bit where he ignored Arsenal leaving 3 City players in the deck at the same time, was particularly impressive.

The man clearly has no shame.
Maybe we have something on him and he just doesn't care.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.