Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

Popping my head in here (with a safety helmet on!). Shit game, I'd said before the game we'd be delighted with a point so that's job done.

For the talk of Arsenal being negative, gents this is Man City away, the hardest fixture going. You guys need to realise that- we are playing away at the treble winners who haven't lost at home since 2022! If Arsenal had tried to go toe to toe we'd have been hammered on the break. We aren't yet as good as City so can't do that, what we do have is an incredible defence and had to play like peak Atletico today to get anything- with a bit of luck we could have nicked it but nobody deserved to win today.

Ref was shit, should have booked players on both sides (more so Arsenal) as basically play was never allowed to progress as players knew they could take down their opponents with no consequence. If they had a yellow then it would have meant less niggly fouls and more midfield play.

It was clear the Internationals had a big impact, players looked knackered on both sides. Don't agree City are out of it, Dippers will drop points, so will we.

Gvardiol and Rodri did well from a City perspective, Foden and Haaland were disappointing. Saliba and Gabriel did well from an Arsenal perspective, Saka and Jesus were anonymous.

Suspect we'll have 2 more games against each other this season.
Can't argue with that my friend

Please explain how the title has gone with 9 games to go?? How long have you supported this club?? How many times have we clawed back deficits far greater and won the league..!
Way too much defeatist talk on here, no way I’m giving up the title until it’s impossible to win… That’s what other teams do..!
It's not that it's mathematically over but the way we look combined with liverpool's remaining schedule and they way they're playing, it's probably over.

Well no team has a right to win things do they? If you were a Man City fan before the take over you'd probably accept and appreciate that because there's nothing wrong with enjoying football and not winning the top honours. There was nothing wrong with supporting City when they didn't win honours, in fact it was honourable. But maybe you're 1 of the new fans who only started supported City because they're the richest team in the world that would win things. That sounds not quite as honourable as the Man City fans who showed in the lower divisions
You haven't got a fuckin clue.

Don't come on my teams forum and start telling me what's what and who I am as a fan.

End of.

Popping my head in here (with a safety helmet on!). Shit game, I'd said before the game we'd be delighted with a point so that's job done.

For the talk of Arsenal being negative, gents this is Man City away, the hardest fixture going. You guys need to realise that- we are playing away at the treble winners who haven't lost at home since 2022! If Arsenal had tried to go toe to toe we'd have been hammered on the break. We aren't yet as good as City so can't do that, what we do have is an incredible defence and had to play like peak Atletico today to get anything- with a bit of luck we could have nicked it but nobody deserved to win today.

Ref was shit, should have booked players on both sides (more so Arsenal) as basically play was never allowed to progress as players knew they could take down their opponents with no consequence. If they had a yellow then it would have meant less niggly fouls and more midfield play.

It was clear the Internationals had a big impact, players looked knackered on both sides. Don't agree City are out of it, Dippers will drop points, so will we.

Gvardiol and Rodri did well from a City perspective, Foden and Haaland were disappointing. Saliba and Gabriel did well from an Arsenal perspective, Saka and Jesus were anonymous.

Suspect we'll have 2 more games against each other this season.
You fuckers will not win fuck all with a mentality of throwing yourself to the ground, time wasting from everyone on your team. ,constantly pulling of shirts then crying wolf. I woukd rather have Liverpool win it than you cnuts. . Also we have more history yhan you stop your tarquins embarrassing themselves with silly chants. , Also you won't. You cannot do 2 games aweek you soft arse wankers

This morning they were top, the title was in their hands.
Tonight, they're 2nd the title is no longer in their hands

That's no closer than this morning

And if we were a bunch of 6 year olds that can’t think past what a table says that’d be almost an interesting point.

They went into this season having lost 13 matches in a row to city and with the same fixture last year killing their title race.

Today they’ve got 4 points to our 1 in the head to head games and have just 1 more match against top 4 opposition in the run in.

Stop pretending it’s a bad result for Arsenal’s title chances, it’s not fooling anyone.

Disappointed we subbed Phil, in my opinion we keep Kev on praying for one moment of magic but he just isn’t fit or sharp enough to play in a game of that intensity.

Haaland just not doing enough in the big games, on his heels far too often.

We sacrificed an attacking player in order to play Kovacic, and that’s why we struggled to break them down, but it gave us control and stopped them breaking on us, difficult one to call as to what was the correct option.

To be honest, I had in my mind that we had a trickier run in than arse and scousers, but if you actually look both of them have got much more difficult games than we have.

Not over by a long shot.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.