Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

Popping my head in here (with a safety helmet on!). Shit game, I'd said before the game we'd be delighted with a point so that's job done.

For the talk of Arsenal being negative, gents this is Man City away, the hardest fixture going. You guys need to realise that- we are playing away at the treble winners who haven't lost at home since 2022! If Arsenal had tried to go toe to toe we'd have been hammered on the break. We aren't yet as good as City so can't do that, what we do have is an incredible defence and had to play like peak Atletico today to get anything- with a bit of luck we could have nicked it but nobody deserved to win today.

Ref was shit, should have booked players on both sides (more so Arsenal) as basically play was never allowed to progress as players knew they could take down their opponents with no consequence. If they had a yellow then it would have meant less niggly fouls and more midfield play.

It was clear the Internationals had a big impact, players looked knackered on both sides. Don't agree City are out of it, Dippers will drop points, so will we.

Gvardiol and Rodri did well from a City perspective, Foden and Haaland were disappointing. Saliba and Gabriel did well from an Arsenal perspective, Saka and Jesus were anonymous.

Suspect we'll have 2 more games against each other this season.
Considering we had a much changed defence i was expecting Legohead to be more ambitious , today was the reason you will not win the title , we were there for the taking and you bottled it , a draw was a shit result for both teams ,but your lot will never have a better chance of winning at the Etihad resulting in building confidence to win the title.Because of the Champs league for both clubs and our FA Cup commitments much as i hate to say it , its advantage Dippers,they only have the Thursday night cup which they can win with their reserve team

Well no team has a right to win things do they? If you were a Man City fan before the take over you'd probably accept and appreciate that because there's nothing wrong with enjoying football and not winning the top honours. There was nothing wrong with supporting City when they didn't win honours, in fact it was honourable. But maybe you're 1 of the new fans who only started supported City because they're the richest team in the world that would win things. That sounds not quite as honourable as the Man City fans who showed in the lower divisions
You talk some serious bollocks.

How on earth are you Arsenal fans so giddy? You've won fuckall in 20 years.

What's even more strange is that you're on here posting, You actually went to the hassle of setting up an account on another fans forum...

Weird.

Well no team has a right to win things do they? If you were a Man City fan before the take over you'd probably accept and appreciate that because there's nothing wrong with enjoying football and not winning the top honours. There was nothing wrong with supporting City when they didn't win honours, in fact it was honourable. But maybe you're 1 of the new fans who only started supported City because they're the richest team in the world that would win things. That sounds not quite as honourable as the Man City fans who showed in the lower divisions
You need to go on and win the league now to justify coming with a 0-0 game plan. However, having seen what happened to you previously I totally understand the approach.

You definitely need to win the league now though.

You talk some serious bollocks.

How on earth are you Arsenal fans so giddy? You've won fuckall in 20 years.

What's even more strange is that you're on here posting, You actually went to the hassle of setting up an account on another fans forum...

Weird.
This Tarquin needs help

I thought both teams pressed pretty well and the times it looked like we were about to get a sniff Arsenal defended very well. Sometimes the defence of one team will get the better of our attackers which is pretty much what happened today particularly as things are a little disjointed for us right now.

Remember both Haaland and KdB have been carrying injuries much of the season. Some of the pressing and winning of the ball KdB did in the second half was reminiscent of a fully firing Kev so I think talk of his demise might be a little bit premature. My biggest issue is we don't seem to be helping each other out too much in the attacking spaces and I'd like to see more players over/underlapping the player on the ball. It just lacks a little dynamism. Nunes may have been useful as a player directly running and breaking lines but the way Arsenal were defending I doubt he'd have had much joy and would have left us weaker defensively.

My unpopular opinion is that it's Silva that's not offering enough offensively when we struggle like today. I'm not saying he had a bad game or anything but I do feel he has ability that he's not showing

They came here looking to do the same thing teams like Luton did and succeeded.

It was on us to beat it and we didn't. They'll go off and celebrate their first clean sheet in 9 years at the Etihad or whatever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.