Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

There is a lot of consternation on the forum tonight, which I find slightly surprising, given we were missing Walker, Stones, and a fully fit Kev and Akanji to start, with a fatigued Foden, then lost Ake once the game began. And we knew we have been struggling a bit to get past the top teams in the league this season, likely off the back of the hugely draining treble campaign. Not to mention we were up against a team that’s only real ambition was kicking anything that moves and packing their own box.

It wasn’t an especially exceptional performance, particularly by our standards, but it was far from disastrous given the circumstances.

And it certainly wasn’t an indicator of our demise.

No complaints today. We are not as good as we were in previous years and Arsenal have improved. Simple as that. We are still a very good side but we never replaced Gundo and unless Haaland gets the service then because of these 2 circumstances alone we are going to score far fewer goals as has been the case this season. We cannot win the PL every year so let's get real. 3 in a row including a treble will do me fine. Still got a good chance of winning the CL and FA cup IF we dont win the PL league. Can we have some perspective please. Thank you.

Last edited:
There is a lot of consternation on the forum tonight, which I find slightly surprising, given we were missing Walker, Stones, and a fully fit Kev and Akanji to start, and a fatigued Foden, then lost Ake once the game begin. And we knew we have been struggling a bit to get past the top teams in the league this season, likely off the back of the hugely draining treble campaign.

It wasn’t an especially exceptional performance, particularly by our standards, but it was far from disastrous given the circumstances.

And it certainly wasn’t an indicator of our demise.
There's also a feeling that Arsenal are our bitches when it comes to playing them at the Etihad. But they have a stronger spine and greater resolve these days. Our record this season does not show a big slump, but we lost one very key midfielder in the summer and it shows with some of our play offensively and defensively through the middle of the park. We have new boys settling in. I think we need to be more measured as fans about how this season has gone.

Not the best match today and not the result we all wanted. I like most am a bit concerned about our attacking prowess, we definitely have lost a cutting edge of late. Advantage Pool going into the last 9 matches, however we need to dig deep and see where that takes us. Funny things can happen in the run in. I do agree with most of the comments though, whether we win trophies or not this season, we need to refresh our squad in the summer with real quality.

Not the best match today and not the result we all wanted. I like most am a bit concerned about our attacking prowess, we definitely have lost a cutting edge of late. Advantage Pool going into the last 9 matches, however we need to dig deep and see where that takes us. Funny things can happen in the run in. I do agree with most of the comments though, whether we win trophies or not this season, we need to refresh our squad in the summer with real quality.
We will not be allowed to, FFP means you have to watch your spending.

Some players are on the wane and some are injury prone.

A conundrum for the powers that be.

No complaints today. We are not as good as we were in previous years and Arsenal have improved. Simple as that. We are still a very good side but we never replaced Gundo and unless Haaland gets the service then because of these 2 circumstances alone we are going to score far fewer goals as has been the case this Eason. We cannot win the PL every year so let's get real. 3 in a row including a treble will do me fine. Still got a good chance of winning the CL and FA cup IF we dont win the PL league. Can we have some perspective please. Thank you.
There does seem to be a loss of perspective for a small portion of our supporters. I think the treble has lead some within our fanbase to now have unrealistic expectations of what constitutes success this season (and perhaps following ones).

It’s the intoxication of continual dominance (which is inherently unsustainable) and happens with every consistently successful team.

I just hope we can keep that contingent less pervasive and influential than it is at the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Liverpool, United, or Bayern.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.