Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

Can I just say you dont have a winners mentally. That was a truly pathetic performance from a team 'trying' to win the league.
Scared to take on a make shift back 4 plus reserve keeper.
I was expecting a good game of football but the gooners shit the bed, fouled at will and a fucking time wasting wanker of a keeper.

I dont want the dippers to win the league but at least they didnt shit the bed and gave us a game. Arsenal played like a mid table team not a top 4 team
I agree, the Dippers game was far more entertaining and edge of the seat.
We looked awful today in my opinion. We could have played for another 90 mins and not scored. We are lacking any sort of creativity and when we do create something are sloppy with it. Without being fed chances then Haaland is not much use. We need other players who are capable of scoring goals, the fault for me lies with not properly replacing players like Gundo and Mahrez, who were guaranteed goals and assists throughout the season. We are in need of a of a squad rebuild in the summer. Before people say we're 3rd in the league I know, but that is testament to how bad the competition is this year. I don't think Arsenal and Liverpool were unbeatable this year, we have just been bad. Given the squads of previous years we would have wiped the floor with the league by now.
I could have written that, mirrors my thinking.

I'm in the tiny minority that thought we played really well. You have to credit Arsenal's defence. There's a reason that they've conceded far fewer xG than anyone in the league. They're an excellent team, and we gave them next to nothing from an attacking POV.

Foden wasn't great, but taking him off when three points are more or less required was just silly. He gave up a bad corner, but otherwise, he wasn't losing the ball, was still working hard, and seemed to be growing into the game.

It will take some luck to win ll league now, but I like our chances of winning the FA Cup and Champions League.

Shoutout to Gvardiol and Lewis.m

I can’t believe the outrage at Arsenal turning up and not trying to win the game, employing the dark arts etc. It’s a results business, I dare say Arteta doesn’t give a fuck about the entertainment levels when he’s come away with a point

Anthony Taylor actually did us a favour by not getting his yellow card out …it was about the only thing that got the crowd going.

If they tried to go toe to toe with us I would nt have fancied their chances (although today who knows given the number of players who were off it!)

Still plenty of football to be played but on todays showing I’m not confident.
If you want to be champions you can’t be happy defending for a draw at this stage. It just plays into Liverpools hands. We just seem a little short to finish teams off this year, no gundo or mahrez to chip in with goals from nowhere. KDB looks like he’s dropped a yard of pace understandably. Stones also a big miss and with Arsenal and Liverpool playing out of their skins there’s your catchup.We have looked better defensively over the last month or so. If we can get back to full strength then you never know.If we come away with nothing I can live with that because I’ll get over it. Still the best team in my opinion.

For me we are playing with far too slow a tempo in games. Think back to the performances at the business end of last season, we were blowing world class teams away with our intensity.
Yep, you just know from how we start off games how the game will go. It was no tempo from the start today resulting in a borefest. The first time in ages I've seen City happy settling for a point

I thought we played ok collectively. Some were below par, but some were excellent individually.

We're three points off the top and three points off where we were at the same stage last season. Whilst I think we're a little more probing and tentative this season, we're still a bloody good side. Arsenal are an excellent team but ceased to exist as an attacking threat whilst putting everything on the line to get a draw. If we'd have nicked a winner then Arteta would be getting pelters for his tactics. We didn't, so he was vindicated. Compliments to their centre-halves, who had excellent games.

We might not win the league. Nobody has won four in a row, as we all well know. These boys and this manager will do everything they can to give us a great ending to the season. If we win nothing then that's how it goes sometimes. There is too much knee-jerk entitlement when we don't win a game. We're unbeaten in everything for nearly four months. This is hardly a crisis, but we may need to tweak things both for the remainder of this season and in the summer.

For now, keep the faith. Never underestimate this team or this manager.

Last edited:
Liverpool home to Sheff utd on Thursday, that could be anything up to six goals. But like you say we really need to start putting teams away again

ahh yes, I was just taking in the 3 points for them rather than the goals they will no doubt score.

Arsenal still have Brighton, Villa, Chelsea, Spurs & United so can see a point or two dropped there.

Liverpool have United, Spurs & Villa as the teams that stand out to stop them from over scoring/etc

Well I hope

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.