Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

There was a chap in our section (Block 211) with an embroidered fleece (the back) that had club badges either side of a set of 4 dates. He had a Mexican badge on his sleeve, and was obviously doing a football tour. His matches were:
  • 31/03/24 - City v Arsenal
  • 02/04/24 - West Ham v Spurs
  • 04/04/24 - Chelsea v Rags
  • 06/04/24 - PSG v Clermont
Amazing who you get at our games these days.

the elephant in the room is KDB, for me he needs to be coming off the bench, he has lost the ability to get away from players, mobility is everything at this level and against the very best for me KDB is off the pace, be it his injuries, his age or form, we need Phil as the main man in the middle, build everything around Foden

Liverpool play a far more direct, attacking (and dare I say more entertaining) type of football than we do. This opens teams up. We play a very predictable (but highly successful) possession based game, that not only encourages, but forces teams to get 10 men behind the ball and defend deep. Chalk and cheese.
The dippers are allowed to play this way, they don’t get low blocked every single game like we do.. Even the bottom teams have a go at them and give them space in behind.

Opponents fully use their subs in the final third . Pep just runs our guys into the ground. Our bench is weak because of the small squad philosophy. We play too slow so as to conserve energy and run into defensive brick walls.
We had Alvarez, Stones, Bobb, Lewis,Grealish and Nunes on the bench yesterday. That should be more than enough

Opponents fully use their subs in the final third . Pep just runs our guys into the ground. Our bench is weak because of the small squad philosophy. We play too slow so as to conserve energy and run into defensive brick walls.
We've won quite a bit doing this?

There were times yesterday, particularly in the first half, where the Arsenal back four were pushed up as high as the half way line with Haaland for company.
In this situation I don’t understand why, occasionally, we don’t look to fire one over the top for Erling to chase. I’m not suggesting we change our philosophy to route one but, given that Erling built his reputation at Dortmund on these types of goals, it would give the opposition something extra to think about. Who knows, given his pace, strength and physicality, Erling may bang a few in as well. I just think that our tactic of playing out from the back is easier for the opposition to deal with if we don’t mix it up.

Semi finals several lost. Hopefully not this time. Its OK when the players aren't shattered and get injured is my point. Also if team 2 of the week is shite we can blag it but 2 tricky teams in one week and knackered players I think is room for extra squad players.
Hope Pep.plays his usual blinder anyway.
We also win something every year. More squad players who are not playing can cause disharmony in the squad. They can also block the youth players development

Reactions: Tmp
the elephant in the room is KDB, for me he needs to be coming off the bench, he has lost the ability to get away from players, mobility is everything at this level and against the very best for me KDB is off the pace, be it his injuries, his age or form, we need Phil as the main man in the middle, build everything around Foden
KDB was one of our more energetic players yesterday, not having anything related to slow play and build up pinned on him.

I'm in the tiny minority that thought we played really well. You have to credit Arsenal's defence. There's a reason that they've conceded far fewer xG than anyone in the league. They're an excellent team, and we gave them next to nothing from an attacking POV.

Foden wasn't great, but taking him off when three points are more or less required was just silly. He gave up a bad corner, but otherwise, he wasn't losing the ball, was still working hard, and seemed to be growing into the game.

It will take some luck to win the league now, but I like our chances of winning the FA Cup and Champions League.

Shoutout to Gvardiol and Lewis.
If Foden is going to put in the world class category he is going to have to be more consistent week in week out ,he has the ability but has to show especially in the bigger games like David Silva did etc

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.