Arsenal (H) - Post Game Thread

It was what everyone at the game was saying too, seemed to be mainly crosses that were easy to mop up for them, and Haaland has been woeful in the air since his return, so there is no one to cross to.

Alvarez not on great form but needed throwing on in the last 15 if we wanted to win.
Haaland is pretty poor in the air - he seems to close his eyes as well when he heads it. Real shame Haaland is not used as a very quick outlet ball..there were times when Arsenal were on the half way marking him, normal position when they have a corner etc..what we needed was an instant ball over the top when we won it back. I don't think there is a better forward in world football than Haaland in those rare situations..he is an unbelievably quick powerful lad and has such composure in 1 v1's...anywhere else in any other normal CF situations looks like he is struggling.

I feel as though I've strayed on to Mystic Meg's website because many of the posts are explaining our disastrous failure this season. It's all because our manager has lost the plot, KdB is too old and past it, the squad is too small, Haaland doesn't show up in the "big" games and, of course, Liverpool play more enjoyable football and are just better than us. In the face of all this I struggle to remember that the season isn't over yet and we are, disastrously, only third in the PL (two points off the lead with nine to play), in the semis of the FA cup and the last eight of the champions league. None of the problems identified by our prophets of doom seemed to arise until quite late on in this present season. I have thought, every season since the start of the 2018-19 season that it would be difficult for our lads to find again the motivation, drive and energy of the previous campaign - and every tear I've been wrong: 100 points and the League cup in 2018, a domestic treble in 2019, "only" a mere League cup in 2020, a League and League cup double in 2021 (again!), only the league in 2022 but then the "European" treble in 2023. So let's at least hang fire until the end of the season. And then, whatever the outcome, we can all shout at the tops of our voice, that Pep is a complete football genius, that the team is possibly the greatest ever (its only rivals are the Centurions and Fourmidables - Pep's earlier creations!), and that we hope Pep will stay for years and carry on the good work.

What grinds me is when we have a breakaway 1 maybe 2 players are going forward, rest are having a picnic in our half, no1 breaks a gut to catch up, and there are more players outside the area then in so no chance of a cross into the area

Haaland is pretty poor in the air - he seems to close his eyes as well when he heads it. Real shame Haaland is not used as a very quick outlet ball..there were times when Arsenal were on the half way marking him, normal position when they have a corner etc..what we needed was an instant ball over the top when we won it back. I don't think there is a better forward in world football than Haaland in those rare situations..he is an unbelievably quick powerful lad and has such composure in 1 v1's...anywhere else in any other normal CF situations looks like he is struggling.
His mid field movement is poor he stands close to his marker rather than moving all across the line pulling his marker out of position.

Alvarez,Bobb & Rico to start on Wednesday....Vikingo and Phil on the bench.

What grinds me is when we have a breakaway 1 maybe 2 players are going forward, rest are having a picnic in our half, no1 breaks a gut to catch up, and there are more players outside the area then in so no chance of a cross into the area
and whoever the opposition,they gain shape within seconds because of that,happens virtually every break.

I feel as though I've strayed on to Mystic Meg's website because many of the posts are explaining our disastrous failure this season. It's all because our manager has lost the plot, KdB is too old and past it, the squad is too small, Haaland doesn't show up in the "big" games and, of course, Liverpool play more enjoyable football and are just better than us. In the face of all this I struggle to remember that the season isn't over yet and we are, disastrously, only third in the PL (two points off the lead with nine to play), in the semis of the FA cup and the last eight of the champions league. None of the problems identified by our prophets of doom seemed to arise until quite late on in this present season. I have thought, every season since the start of the 2018-19 season that it would be difficult for our lads to find again the motivation, drive and energy of the previous campaign - and every tear I've been wrong: 100 points and the League cup in 2018, a domestic treble in 2019, "only" a mere League cup in 2020, a League and League cup double in 2021 (again!), only the league in 2022 but then the "European" treble in 2023. So let's at least hang fire until the end of the season. And then, whatever the outcome, we can all shout at the tops of our voice, that Pep is a complete football genius, that the team is possibly the greatest ever (its only rivals are the Centurions and Fourmidables - Pep's earlier creations!), and that we hope Pep will stay for years and carry on the good work.
Three points off the lead.

His mid field movement is poor he stands close to his marker rather than moving all across the line pulling his marker out of position.

Alvarez,Bobb & Rico to start on Wednesday....Vikingo and Phil on the bench.
I've said all along ..''please not a trad Centre Forward'' those days have gone - we are so much better false 9 and rotating midfield players in advanced positions - hard to pick up - no risk of VAR offsides as the goals we used to score came from pull backs - and deep lying midfielders attacking te boss late. So much better to watch. To me Haaland was a commercial deal - as we could get him for £50m always a good chance of a £100m sell on. Big players like him and Nunes look dated tbf in the modern game

That's arguably the best defensive performance I've seen from a team at our place. Credit has to go to arsenal games like that tho show how much we miss mahrez and gundo. No margin for error now I expect us to go very bold and adventures for the rest of the PL season.

I’ve decided Bluemoon isn’t quite the City fan forum it once was.

It’s pretty awful these days considering where we are.

Reactions: OB1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.