Arsenal (H) | Post-Match Thread

He‘s right and wrong imo. Dunno why that pic.
No, its a load of shit. Look at our first goal on the weekend, we actually struggled in the first 10 minutes to break their press. In steps Bernardo who picks the ball up from Ederson, twists and turns about 5 times waiting for our static players to wake up, finally finds a forward pass, gets the return pass after busting his balls to get beyond their midfield press. Sprays the ball out wide to Gabby, makes another run outwide to outnumber their fullback (shockingly defended by Arsenals #10 & 8 btw), creates the space for Gab to cross and we score. Bernardo doesn't get any "goal contributions", yet he was the main contributor to the goal.

Yes, we are talking about him. He's City's offensive player with the least ammount of assists, golas and chances created/per minute from last season with a BIG difference. Stats don't lie about that. About dribbling, there are no stats, but every match I watch I always see him dribble a couple and then going backwards. This is great for keeping possesion and create some space for the next pass.

I do realise he was second to Ederson, so? KdB ws injured most of the time, Sterling had an awful season, we didn't have a 9, and Silva is young, consisten, tireless and a good player. Of course he is gonna play a lot.

I am not saying Silva is a bad player. He is a great rol player, but he is not even close to being one of the best midfielders or wings in the world, and he's not even close to be the difference against elite teams. Do I want him in my team? Yes, of course. But as a role player, never as a key player. And my favourite player of all time is Iniesta, so I don't care that much about stats, but I care about producing danger and Bernardo is with a difference our worst offensive player in that.
I don’t know what player you are watching but I see one that brings much needed energy and drive to the team, he would be a huge loss to City if he left.

I don’t know what player you are watching but I see one that brings much needed energy and drive to the team, he would be a huge loss to City if he left.
Good post. In my opinion if we have a midfield option of KDB, Grealish, Gundogan and Bernardo to choose from in games, he should still feature despite the abundance of talent in that area. The implication would be that we may have to play 3 of these players in lots of games the way we did last term. Of all the names of creative midfielders above he is the one that grafts the most and brings a lot of intensity and energy to our midfield. What’s the latest, hope he is staying put?

Good post. In my opinion if we have a midfield option of KDB, Grealish, Gundogan and Bernardo to choose from in games, he should still feature despite the abundance of talent in that area. The implication would be that we may have to play 3 of these players in lots of games the way we did last term. Of all the names of creative midfielders above he is the one that grafts the most and brings a lot of intensity and energy to our midfield. What’s the latest, hope he is staying put?
He has accepted that he is staying this window at least I believe.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.