Arsenal (H) | Post-Match Thread

We are talking about Bernardo Silva here? the one I watch effortlessly goes past people with his ball control and trickery, creates numerous chances and scores a few too.

You do realise he was second to Ederson in number of minutes played last season, also look who was missing in most of the games we lost last season.
Yes, we are talking about him. He's City's offensive player with the least ammount of assists, golas and chances created/per minute from last season with a BIG difference. Stats don't lie about that. About dribbling, there are no stats, but every match I watch I always see him dribble a couple and then going backwards. This is great for keeping possesion and create some space for the next pass.

I do realise he was second to Ederson, so? KdB ws injured most of the time, Sterling had an awful season, we didn't have a 9, and Silva is young, consisten, tireless and a good player. Of course he is gonna play a lot.

I am not saying Silva is a bad player. He is a great rol player, but he is not even close to being one of the best midfielders or wings in the world, and he's not even close to be the difference against elite teams. Do I want him in my team? Yes, of course. But as a role player, never as a key player. And my favourite player of all time is Iniesta, so I don't care that much about stats, but I care about producing danger and Bernardo is with a difference our worst offensive player in that.

Absolute routine win that, very comfortable and maybe Ederson's mistake aside, we never looked like losing it. The card was a definite red - high, two footed and rash. Of course Cancelo made a meal of it, but he will do as that's what he does. Great to see Torres get a couple too.

Honestly, it was so easy that I don't think there is much to say about us - we took our chances and it could easily have been 8-0. I think the club needed a good win after the week we've had. If we'd have won 1-0 and missed a hatful, the focus would be on our striker search and how many Ronaldo would've scored.

Anyway, Arsenal. They are an absolute mess. No gameplan and no idea. Arteta, more than anyone, should know Pep's mind, tactics and plans. If he cannot make it difficult for his ex-manager then what hope has he got of making it difficult for anyone else? They've just spent well over £100m on that side and you'd have no idea.

It will be interesting to see what Arsenal do now. If Arteta stays, they will struggle to get in the top half. It is no coincidence they are bottom and I just don't see what they are trying to do.

I suspect that Arteta will be sacked in a couple of months time. I think they will go for Viera to "save" them, but they need to get real now. They need to acknowledge that Wenger did an astonishing job - didn't spend much, got them into the CL every season and played good-to-watch-football. They should've backed Emery, but they panicked and brought in an ex-player. Bringing in ex-players is the sign you're out of ideas.

It will be very interesting to watch what Arsenal do this season. It's clearly an unhappy ship, but they've backed Arteta and he is getting a bit tetchy. If they keep him, I honestly can see them fighting relegation.

They need to decide what they are about. Do they play like they did under Wenger? If so, bring in someone who plays that way. Should they go back to the George Graham days? Should they throw money at the problem and then it doesn't matter who the manager is (like United)?

Who the fuck talks like that? Makes him sound like an absolute ****, even if he was the nicest bloke going.
Self entitled, spoilt and deluded, the lot of them. I've stood up and applauded their team off the pitch along with thousands of other City supporters at a time we were regularly drubbed by them, but not a chance that they would show any return of sportsmanship towards our team. Some Muppet off Arsecast has picked up off the dippers and rags about all City fans thinking everyone hates us, but they aren't bothered because our success doesn't count, whatever we win. He then went on about the plastic fanbase, even though half of their Muppets were on the train home by half time. I hope it carries on for years because it means City are getting things right and their pain will be long and continuous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.