Arsenal (H) | Post Match Thread

My feeling is like:
Uh, bring me down
Can't nothing, bring me down
My level's too high to bring me down
Clap along if you feel like happiness is the truth.
Waw, I am really happy, spent all the time reviewing and rewatching the goals and all possible post match analysis and reactions.

I honestly cant believe i was worried about Akanji at lb, i think that is probably his best performance for City? Dare i say, i prefer him there!
Tactically we were amazing, but i also really don't understand what Arteta was trying to do? The amount of space in behind their back 4 was insane, allowing Haaland to play 1v1 against their cb's was just madness. What was interesting to me last night was actually how little Grealish and Bernardo actually touched the ball, that was on purpose. The retained width but were used to pull Arsenal open and that allowed space for KDB to exploit. Honestly insane masterclass from Pep.
The amount of players that just sort of ran in a direct, straight line through their mid-field was fascinating. Kev, Haaland, Gundo, Stones, Akanji and Rodri (from memory) all basically ran half the pitch at some point without being tackled as their defensive shape was so concerned with Bernie and Grealish.

What a performance! Led by Erling who looked as though he had dined on nothing other than raw meat and six inch nails just to whet his appetite to eat Holding especially, but also anyone in a red shirt that got in his way. But it was such a blend of subtlety and elegance with the brutality which made him such a joy to watch. And prompting him, and being prompted by him was the peerless KdB who thinks nothing of nutmegging defenders to make scoring goals look easy. And then there were the other nine! Jack Grealish who gets better every game now so that referring to him as £100 million Jack Grealish is a poor way of telling us what we can see clearly. Johnni Stones for whom "the Barnsley Beckenbauer" now flatters Kaiser Franz. Bernado who really does make those Blue boys sing! And a back line in which Akanji was outstanding, Dias impassable and Kyle who looke as though Arsenal had been swatted aside and weren't even annoying. And I didn't think Arsenal played badly, and they are an excellent team but that City eleven just deemed to add up to 13 or 14 or even more. Saka never got into the game at all and I swear I wouldn't have knon Odegaard and Martinelli were on the pitch until they were substituted and I saw them go off. But the only man who had a bad game was the ref, who was not so much bad as scandalous. He should have been wearing a red shirt. How he managed to show Rodri a yellow card while , two minutes later, greeting a rugby tackle from Partey, already on a yellow, with advice to "be careful" is inexplicable. And that is simply one incident in a match litterd with all manner of soft freekicks for Arsenal and very little for City. Maybe his viewpoint was reinforced by the use City made of a freekick he did give us in first half stoppage time, when VAR didn't bail him out. Keep it up, City.

Watched City since 1972. I've seen them go up level after level after level. This team has a level that no team I've ever seen has had. They swept The Arse aside like a Championship team, could have scored 8 but for their goalkeeper who was by far their best player. I could not devise a plan to stop Haaland and KDB, they play as one; it's Cruyff and Neeskins, only more utterly devastating.

Grealish, Rodri, Dias, Bernardo, Gundogan. The blend is rich almost beyond words. Guardiola is a complete football genius.
excellent call, the individual styles may be different, but the overall effect...bob on

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.