Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don’t care about the starting 11. I stopped doing this for years now as we’ve won 6 out of 7 PL titles.
I used to worry if Rodri went missing, but Kovacic showed enough to made me think otherwise.

It’ll be another tactical game I’m afraid. Closer to last years’ 0-0 than the 4-1 a year before that.
Just want the 3 points today and the tempo hopefully a bit higher than last Wednesday.

I see the logic of the wingers though even if it’s a bit risky.
Pep will be aware that Arsenal are likely to sit in so two direct players going down their throats could bare more fruit than our normal patient build up.
We will find out soon enough it it was the right decision.

Disappointing that Kev hasn't made the squad. But I guess this is likely to be the way of things this season. These non impact injuries he's picking up are a regular occurrence this last few seasons. I'm guessing his game time will be quite limited this season. He's not capable of 50 games in a season, let alone 60-70. Time for Phil to inherit the crown. Only thing is, he's still not available either. Is it Covid he's suffering from?
It's a mystery re Foden mate, thought he would be primed to start today after getting 45 mins against Inter. Weird!

Sami Nasri’s looking good here. Not sure who he’s working for but he’s all wired up. There’s more media than ever today and some of these boxes had better go before ko or I’ll be kicking up a fuss. We can barely see over them. :-(

Like I said previously we haven’t played our two positive wingers in the last two games and we failed to control the game. Our best games so far this season have been with Doku & Savio out wide. I’m watching with an Arsenal fan today, he was hoping we wouldn’t go Doku & Savio.

Doku and savio starting reminds me of the podcast Pep did where he said to counter teams that defend deep you need dribblers. Doku and Savio are that. Its where that obsession with wingers comes from.

This obsession with total control will kill us when Pep decides to leave.

Spain adapted, and they was the best team to watch this Euros. The balance between control and positive runners worked brilliantly.

Like I said previously we haven’t played our two positive wingers in the last two games and we failed to control the game. Our best games so far this season have been with Doku & Savio out wide. I’m watching with an Arsenal fan today, he was hoping we wouldn’t go Doku & Savio.
Yeah, it’s no biggie, I’m quite happy with my view whilst you’re happy with yours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.