Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wondering if he’ll play Walker and Stones, having Stones step forward when Walker doesn’t head down the line. If so, it might make more sense to have Gundo in midfield, as he gets into more forward positions.

At this point, it feels like a game where the midfield will be key. If City can dominate the center of the park, then they will have to drop in. If not, we might get out under the cosh.

Ødegaard is a big loss for them, imho, as he is David Silva-esque for them (emphasis on “-esque”).

If and when they attack us, it will be in behind the full backs or spreading it wide and attacking them with support from their full backs. If we can shut that down, I see no reason why we can’t put 2 or 3 past them.

Wondering if he’ll play Walker and Stones, having Stones step forward when Walker doesn’t head down the line. If so, it might make more sense to have Gundo in midfield, as he gets into more forward positions.

At this point, it feels like a game where the midfield will be key. If City can dominate the center of the park, then they will have to drop in. If not, we might get out under the cosh.

Ødegaard is a big loss for them, imho, as he is David Silva-esque for them (emphasis on “-esque”).

If and when they attack us, it will be in behind the full backs or spreading it wide and attacking them with support from their full backs. If we can shut that down, I see no reason why we can’t put 2 or 3 past them.
Is Gundo better suited to coming off the bench now? Granted that the Brentford match is still fresh in my mind, and it was his first start, it was worrying how off-the-pace he looked.

Many Arsenal fans are hoping City play Kyle Walker at right back as it's felt he's easier for our players to play against and is prone to a loss of concentration. On the other hand when he's on his game he's almost unplayable.

For sure we'll target your flanks and also play it long to Havertz to hold up and play in the other attackers.

For me the big key is Rodri. If he plays at maximum then the best Arsenal can get is a draw. If he's not quite at peak then we could nick a win. I do sadly (for us) predict a narrow City win, maybe 1-0. I think we'll be a bit tired from tonight's trip to Atalanta and I get the feeling that City have a big performance in them that they haven't shown in the last 2 matches. I've got a hunch on Gundogan getting the goal - so much so that I might stick a tenner on a 1-0 City and Gundogan goal combo.

KDB out of the Arsenal match.
Big shame. Same with Odegaard. I always like to see each teams' best players take the field - I never understand fans that wish injuries on opponents (not that I've seen that from City fans here but I've certainly seen it from Spurs and Liverpool fans).

Big shame. Same with Odegaard. I always like to see each teams' best players take the field - I never understand fans that wish injuries on opponents (not that I've seen that from City fans here but I've certainly seen it from Spurs and Liverpool fans).
Agreed you always get a small minority of fan bases happy to see rival players injured.

With you there - I don't want ANY team, City included (although we don't anyway), to have injuries to fall back on as an excuse.
Rather we can say we won on merit playing against the strongest XI, or vying against the best XIs for the trophies.
Besides who doesn't want to see the best players for the money people are paying!!

Think Ederson, Akanji, Dias, Gvardiol, Rodri, De Bruyne, Bernardo and Haaland are the only guaranteed starters. Three other places up for grabs.
kdb ? have you got a tv, or a paper shop near you, . ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.