Arsenal (H) - Sun 22nd Sept, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
4 clean sheets for Arsenal in the 5 games this season, only conceding when they had 10 men.

However, just 6 goals in 5 games shows that there is a trade off.

Ben white is the weakest in that arsenal defence and has to be targetted. Doku will rinse him if he gets the nod to start.

Saliba is a great defender and a ****
Agreed he's a ****.

Personally I think all the hype about Saliba is way over the top, Don't get me wrong he's a very good defender but all this talk of him being the best in the world and comparing him to some of the all time greats is absolutely scandalous.

The way Arsenal set up both himself and Gabriel are well protected, They have everyone behind the ball, When they are out of possession they basically have four centre backs with Saka and Martinelli playing as wing backs along with having Rice and Partey sitting on front of them, It's very hard to get Saliba and Gabriel exposed in 1 v 1 situations especially with Arsenal not playing a highline.

Wondering if he’ll play Walker and Stones, having Stones step forward when Walker doesn’t head down the line. If so, it might make more sense to have Gundo in midfield, as he gets into more forward positions.

At this point, it feels like a game where the midfield will be key. If City can dominate the center of the park, then they will have to drop in. If not, we might get out under the cosh.

Ødegaard is a big loss for them, imho, as he is David Silva-esque for them (emphasis on “-esque”).

If and when they attack us, it will be in behind the full backs or spreading it wide and attacking them with support from their full backs. If we can shut that down, I see no reason why we can’t put 2 or 3 past them.
As long as we don’t play stones and Walker at same time we will be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.