Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Walker and Stones will be the only absentees. Can see us lining up like this:

Ederson
Akanji
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol
Rodri
Kovacic
De Bruyne
Foden
Bernardo
Haaland

Still a pretty strong team more than capable of beating Arsenal at home, and good options on the bench with Grealish, Alvarez, Doku and Nunes.
Whichever of the 3 out of Walker, Stones and Akanji that can be patched up best will play at right back.

How ridiculous is it that after two completely unnecessary friendlies designed solely to line the pockets of the FA, City will probably be without two of their best defenders for one of the biggest games of our Premier League season; one that will help determine the final League standings?

Plain stupidity to be playing international games at the business end of the domestic and European competitions…and all to put money in other people’s pockets.

To call it irritating would be a huge understatement.

Last edited:
It’s going to be very difficult to cope with Arsenal’s press without John Stones especially. No chance Arsenal come here to sit back, they are the best team in the league off the ball and our patched up defence will give them optimism that they can suffocate us. If they mark Rodri tightly, Stones was to be our weapon. Without him, and with Rodri marked all game, where do we go to progress the ball? It’s going to be tough. Maybe we have to play long ball again to Haaland and ask KDB to be near to him. But the problem with that is we did it last season, which surprised them. Arteta is ready for it now and it won’t be as effective.

It’s going to be very difficult to cope with Arsenal’s press without John Stones especially. No chance Arsenal come here to sit back, they are the best team in the league off the ball and our patched up defence will give them optimism that they can suffocate us. If they mark Rodri tightly, Stones was to be our weapon. Without him, and with Rodri marked all game, where do we go to progress the ball? It’s going to be tough. Maybe we have to play long ball again to Haaland and ask KDB to be near him.

We can do better against Arsenal's high press with proper midfielders next to Rodri like Kovacic and Bernardo. Stones's goal at Anfield masked a poor showing in midfield. 82 % pass completion....

Hope Stones is fit and starts. Think we can cope without him, though, especially if both Walker and Akanji are available. I think they'll be fit.

I can’t see us winning if stones isn’t fit and Akanji is missing. Those two make us so much better defensively. Walker I think is the least important of the three. Back four should be Akanji Dias Stones Ake. Kova should start with Rodri and be great if Grealish is available and can give us more control.

I can’t see us winning if stones isn’t fit and Akanji is missing. Those two make us so much better defensively. Walker I think is the least important of the three. Back four should be Akanji Dias Stones Ake. Kova should start with Rodri and be great if Grealish is available and can give us more control.

Can see us winning no matter who plays.

People couldn't see Liverpool getting a result without Alisson, Konate, TAA, Jota....Teams can rise to the occasion. Football is not played on paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.