Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's difficult to predict a Pep team at the best of times, but if the injuries are correct I suspect we'll line up something like:

Ortega

Lewis
Dias
Ake
Gvardiol

Rodri
Kovacic
KDB

Bernardo
Foden

Haaland

That would still leave Alvarez, Doku, Bobb and potentially Grealish on the bench. It'll be a close game anyway, but at home I still feel we'll have too much for Arsenal.

Think Stones is far more integral to how we play than people appreciate. As with Rodri we are a different team without either and our build up changes. Stones is a big game player.

Hope Stones is fit, but I don't think he is as integral to how we play as Rodri. Stones missed about 2/3 of the season so far and we have won about as many points as last season.

It’s going to be very difficult to cope with Arsenal’s press without John Stones especially. No chance Arsenal come here to sit back, they are the best team in the league off the ball and our patched up defence will give them optimism that they can suffocate us. If they mark Rodri tightly, Stones was to be our weapon. Without him, and with Rodri marked all game, where do we go to progress the ball? It’s going to be tough. Maybe we have to play long ball again to Haaland and ask KDB to be near to him. But the problem with that is we did it last season, which surprised them. Arteta is ready for it now and it won’t be as effective.
Thats it in a nutshell. This is going to be one cagey affair and an epic battle of nerves. The crowd will need to be patient because there's going to be occasions where they are cutting through us at will. Hopefully we can control the majority of possession, not play such a high line and that Kev and Erling can produce the goods to get us the win.

It’s going to be very difficult to cope with Arsenal’s press without John Stones especially. No chance Arsenal come here to sit back, they are the best team in the league off the ball and our patched up defence will give them optimism that they can suffocate us. If they mark Rodri tightly, Stones was to be our weapon. Without him, and with Rodri marked all game, where do we go to progress the ball? It’s going to be tough. Maybe we have to play long ball again to Haaland and ask KDB to be near to him. But the problem with that is we did it last season, which surprised them. Arteta is ready for it now and it won’t be as effective.
I'm more worried about the lack of Ederson regarding their press, which is undoubtedly very good. I love Ortega, but as we saw versus Newcastle's press, it was a stark difference between the two.

I'm more worried about the lack of Ederson regarding their press, which is undoubtedly very good. I love Ortega, but as we saw versus Newcastle's press, it was a stark difference between the two.
Exactly what I’m worried about tbh. I’m anxiously awaiting tomorrow’s updates and praying Ederson will be healthy. I remember KDBs goal last year when Pep berated Ederson for not initially playing the long ball to Haaland. I love Ortega too, but just not sure we can have that same expectation with him, which is likely needed against arsenal. Final score: 4-1 again (:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.