Arsenal (H) - Sun 31st Mar, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't be surprised if Pep played Doku centrally like vs Newcastle. Arsenal's midfield might be a bit stretched with Odegaard pressing high and Jorginho lacking in pace and physicality. Rice is a top athlete but his acceleration over 5 yards is nowhere near Doku's. Pep might play both Doku and Foden centrally to exploit that space between Rice/Jorginho and the CBs.

So, it's possible that Pep starts with a team and structure similar to the one in the last FA Cup game, with Ederson and Ake replacing Ortega and Walker in the line-up.

Of course, much depends on whether KDB is fit enough to play with high intensity 70 minutes or more. Pep might be tempted to use him from the bench as a talisman.
Not having a pop at him but i sincerely hope Doku doesnt start

or there’ll be pitchforks and torches out for them :D kova’s not hated at the moment, but gvardiol. people are literally having meltdowns because he’ll probably play. even why couldn’t gvardiol get injured instead of stones. what’s the deal with wishing injuries for your own players?

anyway, many people think we’ll see gvardiol cb and ake lb because saka.
would pep do that in one of the most important games of the season when he only had him play cb in dead games previously?

on the other hand, if he plays lb and ends up in problems with saka, it’s pitchfork time for him, especially if pep won’t have akanji invert but play gvardiol lw again.

many arsenal fans are predicting an easy game and a comfortable win for them. arrogant assholes.

Tbf mate Kova has never been hated, Fans want who is in form playing that’s about it
His first couple of games he looked really good and we all said how happy we were, then he dipped a bit and we said….well he’s dipped a bit.

He started looking really confident and sharp again and many wanted him to start at Anfield due to that form

Not read all pages but the general consensus i see on Gvardiol is he’s going to be a cracking player for us, he’s brilliant on the ball for a defender, he’s a bit wild when asked to supply the final ball currently but he’s very young and not being played in what is he most natural position

Tbf mate Kova has never been hated, Fans want who is in form playing that’s about it
His first couple of games he looked really good and we all said how happy we were, then he dipped a bit and we said….well he’s dipped a bit.

He started looking really confident and sharp again and many wanted him to start at Anfield due to that form

Not read all pages but the general consensus i see on Gvardiol is he’s going to be a cracking player for us, he’s brilliant on the ball for a defender, he’s a bit wild when asked to supply the final ball currently but he’s very young and not being played in what is he most natural position
Bang on post that

Not having a pop at him but i sincerely hope Doku doesnt start

Doku was our best player vs Liverpool at the Etihad in what was probably our most controlled performance vs a top team this season. I'd say he was our best player in the first half in the last game vs Newcastle too. His more central role surprised them.

Grealish won't probably be ready after having barely played since early January and after two first-half injuries in the last two starts for him. And Kevin might not be in top condition either. He was poorish in the big games (Chelsea, United, Liverpool). Might be better to use him from the bench. Guess he's more likely to start than not, though.

or there’ll be pitchforks and torches out for them :D kova’s not hated at the moment, but gvardiol. people are literally having meltdowns because he’ll probably play. even why couldn’t gvardiol get injured instead of stones. what’s the deal with wishing injuries for your own players?

anyway, many people think we’ll see gvardiol cb and ake lb because saka.
would pep do that in one of the most important games of the season when he only had him play cb in dead games previously?

on the other hand, if he plays lb and ends up in problems with saka, it’s pitchfork time for him, especially if pep won’t have akanji invert but play gvardiol lw again.

many arsenal fans are predicting an easy game and a comfortable win for them. arrogant assholes.
Anyone with a brain can see the potential of Gvardiol, but it's undeniable he has had a topsy-turvy season. At times he is too chilled, will play an amazing line breaking pass and then next fail to be able to get to the guy stood next to him. He's an absolute athlete but will get pushed off the ball or lose out in a sprint to some nobody. Clearly needs time, but the "pitch forks" are nothing to do with him personally, it's just where City are as a club and i'm sure its the same for any big club that is used to success - expectation.

I know you're suggesting Pep is also to blame for this, i agree to an extent, but the reason he's out on the left is to slowly integrate him in and also because Pep has seen something from him. If you see how he passes inside through the lines to forward players, from full back positions, i don't think we have anyone else that's ever been able to do that. If we can get the timing of that right, Gvardiol could put Haaland through on goal for an assist like TAA does at Liverpool - but we haven't managed to figure it out yet.

I agree, apparently Branthwaite is the next coming, so why not see if he can do it for England, in a friendly!!
How will he know now if Branthwaite or Palmer could be the answer in the Euros, if you don't try them in these meaningless games!

But the clueless waistcoat one, is more concerned about his own stats over what's best for England or for a players health and the fact that Stones was picked for that second game show this.

Stones' injury is down to that clueless, clown of a manager, no one else.
Absolutely. I think even us city supporters know by now that a second game in a week for John risks and abductor strain. There should be conditions that come with players going on international duty. Branthwaite should have played alongside John in the first game, and Dunk/Konsa alongside Maguire (god help us) in the Belgium game.

For christ sake, Brazil didn't even have a centre forward on the pitch! I hope he gets the rags job so we can make him look even more stupid. Right now, I'm supressing a conspiracy theory re giving the gooners an edge.

we looked massively more composed and dangerous at klanfield as soon as he come on

he was after that awful performance at the emirates, and when he was accused of celebrating chelsea’s goal or whatever it was. and gvardiol, well, i’m sorry, i don’t have time to show you some of the stuff. and if people want to dislike him or hate him i don’t care, but if they’re saying his passing is shit when he had the best pass accuracy on the pitch, i’m not staying quiet.

but context matters, super important game tomorrow, everyone wants ake at lb, everyone. if pep plays gvardiol at lb and he doesn’t deal with saka as good as ake did, pitchforks. why is that so controversial?
even i want to see ake at lb tomorrow, a must win game, he’s good at handling saka etc.

Anyone with a brain can see the potential of Gvardiol, but it's undeniable he has had a topsy-turvy season. At times he is too chilled, will play an amazing line breaking pass and then next fail to be able to get to the guy stood next to him. He's an absolute athlete but will get pushed off the ball or lose out in a sprint to some nobody. Clearly needs time, but the "pitch forks" are nothing to do with him personally, it's just where City are as a club and i'm sure its the same for any big club that is used to success - expectation.

I know you're suggesting Pep is also to blame for this, i agree to an extent, but the reason he's out on the left is to slowly integrate him in and also because Pep has seen something from him. If you see how he passes inside through the lines to forward players, from full back positions, i don't think we have anyone else that's ever been able to do that. If we can get the timing of that right, Gvardiol could put Haaland through on goal for an assist like TAA does at Liverpool - but we haven't managed to figure it out yet.

if pep plays gvardiol at lb tomorrow instead of ake and gvardiol doesn’t have an ake against saka performance, what do you think the reactions will be?

in my opinion there’s not a single person that wants to see gvardiol at lb tomorrow, everyone would prefer ake. and no it’s not my alleged croatian nationalistic victim
complex, i think it’s just a fact.

THIRTY Points to play for & 23% of the season left.

A win will be good but its not a decisive game.

Create hell tomorrow, it's our duty !!
I'd argue anything less than a win leaves us in a precarious position. Our goal difference is inferior to the other twos so that's akin to an extra point. Now I'm hearing constantly about all these points the dippers are going to drop. Not much evidence of it this far. The Gooners may well crack again .
Going to have win all 10 to retain our title in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.