Arsenal (H) - Wed 26th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't need to be quick to deal with Saka you just need to be good in your duels against him. Saka the last two games for Arsenal as an example Perraud for Saints, Cresswell for West Ham, Both not quick but both we're good in their 1 v 1 battles with Saka and he done fuck all.

Laporte gets a hard time of it on here, People hace short memories, He was our best defender (playing through injury) last season when we were down to the bare bones defensively. He's more than good enough to deal with Saka tomorrow night.

A game that always sticks out for me with Laporte is the 2-1 win over Liverpool at The Etihad when Sane got the winner. Laporte was left back that night up against Salah. That was his best game in a City shirt he was immense that night. He's proved numerous times before he can play there.
Saka was great against Saints in the first half.

I'm not saying we have to play one or the other, in my opinion they should both be in the starting 11

Yeah I know what you said. At the expense of one of our back four if you had your way. The most resolute back four we've ever had under pep and you want to drop akanji to squeeze in Mahrez.

It’s funny I think we all expect Arsenal to come flying out of the blocks tomorrow. Hopefully we won’t give them anything early on. They pressed so well in the first half of both matches they we ended up going long. We’ll need to get into our stride earlier as their confidence may be a bit brittle so we don’t want to give them any encouragement. We didn’t get anything going in the FA Cup match first half or on the league bar the mistake for KDB’s goal. Another factor tomorrow is they’ll have Jesus who will give them even more in the press which could really disrupt our rhythm.

Ake did well in the FA Cup match and when he came on in the away game. Bernardo really struggled at left back first half against Arsenal so whoever plays there is going to need a big game.

We have the players but there are some tough calls, left back and which 2 of Gundogan, Bernardo and Mahrez start? Gundogan played 75 minutes on Saturday and played midweek so can he start tomorrow? On the other hand Mahrez started in the away game and had a really quiet game.

I know there’s been a fair bit said about Holding starting but he did ok in the FA Cup match, much better than Gabriel did in the league game. The service to Haaland will need to be good so he can at least test their centre backs. If took a long treat before he got anything to chase in both previous games.

If we play as we can we should have enough but Arsenal will throw the kitchen sink at us so we need to be on it from the start. We’ll need the big guns to really stand up, KDB, Rodri, Dias, Stones, Bernardo, Grealish and of course Haaland form an incredible spine to our team. Let’s hope for big games from all of them.

We can make a huge impact on this game as fans. We need to make it as loud and hostile as possible throughout, none of this sing on the concourse then don't bother carrying it into the seats shite.

they will shit themselves and crumble and our boys will be roared on by it if we make it hostile. the fans cannot allow us to play slowly with a cauldron of noise urging them on constantly. we play our best football when we go at teams back to front, we need to make sure we force that from the kick off.

Make noise, if things are going our way, continue to make noise. If things go against us, make more noise, lets make home advantage really count tomorrow.

Hi,
I didn't know where to introduce myself. Im Juve and City fan, This season i barely watched a juve game full (thank you Allegri), on the other hand i barely missed a city match.
I've been wondering why City is playing with 4 CBs (Stones as DM). Did he give up on fullbacks?
The answer lies in adapting to playing with Haaland. We played a couple of seasons with basically no striker. To make up for a lack of numbers in midfield we're using an extra body from defence (sometimes two) whilst in possession

Well here's hoping for 3-0 to the good. Another win over those Gunners seems certain indeed. Come on City!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.