Arsenal (H) - Wed 26th April, 20:00 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His play in midfield not really an issue now Stones has started coming into midfield from CB though. Akanji is basically playing the exact same role Walker did for the past 6 years in the right of a back 3 or RB in a back 4, and I'd rather see Walker's pace vs. Vinicius next week.
Agree against Vinicius as that recovery is a must, however the Akanji comparison neglects the point of being pressed but also not being able to play the triangles out when stones pushes forward; it’s exactly the narrative pep was alluding to!

Arsenal was outplayed in the 2nd half vs Liverpool. Could’ve been a far worse day for them. Imho it’s exactly the way we need to start from the off. An aggressive high tempo game. Like the 1st half vs rags at home. We are able to do that. With the concentration shown vs Bayern.

The fans should be the 12th man. Arsenal doesn’t like an hostile crowd. Let them feel there’s nothing for them to take home.

Finally the starting 11? Normally I don’t really care. But the team that played Bayern has my preference. Other that Laporte fills in for Ake.

With no Akė who take care of Saka? The Sheffield guy on their right easily beat Sergio, who else is quick enough to take care of him??
You don't need to be quick to deal with Saka you just need to be good in your duels against him. Saka the last two games for Arsenal as an example Perraud for Saints, Cresswell for West Ham, Both not quick but both we're good in their 1 v 1 battles with Saka and he done fuck all.

Laporte gets a hard time of it on here, People hace short memories, He was our best defender (playing through injury) last season when we were down to the bare bones defensively. He's more than good enough to deal with Saka tomorrow night.

A game that always sticks out for me with Laporte is the 2-1 win over Liverpool at The Etihad when Sane got the winner. Laporte was left back that night up against Salah. That was his best game in a City shirt he was immense that night. He's proved numerous times before he can play there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.