Arsenal or Tottenham? And other local rivalries.

The annoying fan with the bell is Mr Portsmouth, real name John westwood i think.
Met him once a good few years ago , City beat them 6-0 at Etihad , he was getting in a minibus full of fellow Pompey nutters, shook my had and wished us well the we had only come into the money about a month before sound bloke.
2008/9 season.
Going off your user name, the bell might not be so annoying to you!

Spurs over Arsenal due to Mrs Junkies family.
Cardiff over Swansea (Grandsons team)
Rovers over Bristol City
Swindon over Oxford.
Rangers over Celtic.
Wrexham over Chester.

Torino over Juve.
Sampdoria over Genoa.
1860 over Bayern.
Queens Park over all the weegie clubs.
East Stirlingshire over Falkirk.
Stenhousemuir over Falkirk.
East Stirlingshire over Stenhousemuir.

The annoying fan with the bell is Mr Portsmouth, real name John westwood i think.
Met him once a good few years ago , City beat them 6-0 at Etihad , he was getting in a minibus full of fellow Pompey nutters, shook my had and wished us well the we had only come into the money about a month before sound bloke.
2008/9 season.
I remember that day well. Coachload of them rolled up at the Railway in Openshaw for a pre-match session. They couldn't believe how cheap a pint of Holts lager was compared to darn sarf. They couldnt get enough down them & one of them told me the savings on the drink covered the cost of his coach fare. A right crew, but they were a good set of lads with no hint of bother. I doubt though that any if them could see the game by the time they left. Probably a good thing considering the result.

Last edited:
The same as many others on here, with a few exceptions......Scottish football just doesn't do it for me at all but if I had to pick one it would probably be Hibs because of Irvine Welsh.

Tough to pick a London club. West Ham would be an obvious choice but somehow have Spurs as a second choice despite really having no time for them at all. I only like them when I'm pissed and listening to Chas and Dave. Don't drink now so they are collecting dust on my shelf of affections.

Wednesday
Everton (more than just a protest against Liverpool, late grandad was scouse and Evertonian)
Sunderland

The three above would be clubs I'm happy to see win if they aren't playing City.

Lots of people picking West Ham as their London club. I quite like them, too, but you know, they definitely don't like us as much as we seem to like them. I occasionally post on KUMB. I've had some quite aggressive stuff come back at me on there. Not bothered by it (goes with the territory), and I'm always scrupulously respectful on other people's forums, but it sort of established things fairly clearly.

Lots of people picking West Ham as their London club. I quite like them, too, but you know, they definitely don't like us as much as we seem to like them. I occasionally post on KUMB. I've had some quite aggressive stuff come back at me on there. Not bothered by it (goes with the territory), and I'm always scrupulously respectful on other people's forums, but it sort of established things fairly clearly.

You'll need to start a few Top 100 threads before they like you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.