Arsenal or Tottenham? And other local rivalries.

East Stirlingshire a Falkirk club.
I was born in the houses looking over their old ground.
Stenhousemuir a Larbert club,think Salford to Manchester.

It's funny how I know all these names from years of listening to James Alexander Gordon on Saturday afternoons, many years ago. It was a much loved ritual. And I used to listen to it right through the four divisions of the English league and then on into the Scottish one.
Before looking them up just now, couldn't possibly have told you which league/division Stenhousemuir or East Stirlingshire were in, but I'd definitely heard of them through that BBC source. Just like Hamilton Academical and Airdieonians. (I've always liked those two names, can't explain why… quite fond of Queen of the South, too). You've got more poetry in your club names than we have.
Just looked up where your teams are standing. Well, no-one can accuse you of being a glory hunter! Falkirk FC are actually doing quite well in Scottish League One (as I'm sure you know)… Not tempted at all?

You'll need to start a few Top 100 threads before they like you

I fear that even that won't quite do it. They liked us when we were sort of the northern counterpart — solid working-class base, prawn-sandwich eating rival across the city (rivals, in the case of London), good gallows humour and banter on the terraces. Strong tradition of attacking football. And above all, perennial underachievers.
Those days, friend, are long gone (well, not the attacking football)… We are now as hateworthy to them as Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea.

I prefer Everton over Liverpool (obvs)

Arsenal over Spurs (this season aside!)

Couldn’t give a fuck about Sheffield (can never remember which is which)

Sunderland over Newcastle (even before the takeover Newcastle fans got on my nerves)

Rangers and Celtic can continue kicking the fuck out of each other over in the wild lands beyond the wall as far as I’m concerned. Scottish football isn’t really football.

Inter over Milan because of the Bobby Manc connection and Lazio over Roma as they play in City blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.