Arsenal - Post match thread

He must have just read the programme notes attributed to him and was wondering who the fuck had written it.

Or he looked like that because he had just had a call from Pep saying you did guarantee CL was in the bag. And you remember I said if you are joshing me and I get a better offer from someone who does qualify....well....ask me again in 2019 pal.

Really hope Pep has signed an unbreakable deal as who would blame him thinking he was sold a pup a few months ago.

I think there has been a touch of arrogance running through the club from top management down that there was no chance we could ever get in this mess.

They have seriously missed so many signals.

So it makes you happy we didn't win today then.

Many on here called it around Christmas time that we would struggle to make top 4 with the way we were playing. We were shouted down and called rags etc.

No I'm not happy and it amazes me that the happy clappers can be so deluded with trying to spin things into a positive.

The club have messed up big time with throwing everything into getting Pep and just thought top 4 was a given.

I think the decision makers at the club fucked up naming Pep manager when they did. Since then we have been shit. I can nearly garantee that will never happen again under the owners. Pep has a job on his hands to rebuild this team. How Manuel has fucked up a solid back 4 I will never know and a team who could defend. Pep will sort out the defence we miss out on champions league I hope that they go down the route of bringing and using the talented players who are just outside the main squad. Keep a certain 16 players for the league next season. We aint as bad as this and I fully expect us to go onto better things with Pep. We will be there or abouts for the title. Feel it will take 4 transfer windows for Pep to get his team sorted. Get rid of the deadwood and lets go again next season.

To be fair it was Pellegrini who named Pep manager – but it's a cop-out to blame our shite season on that. To me, the City players could react one of two ways - be gutted for Pellers, in which case they should have played their hearts out for him and made him proud – or be excited to get the opportunity to play for the best manager in the world next season and again, played their hearts out to earn a place in his squad. With the exception of four or five players, they did fucking neither!
It's annoying that a season we win a trophy should seem so flat and like a failure – but you can count the number of times we've played well this season on one hand.

Finished nowhere near an average United team, lost a cup final to relegated Wigan and finished bottom of a Champions League group, with a load of dire performances very similar to ones seen this season. I'd look at the mentality of this group players more than the manager as we've seen the same thing happen under 2 different managers now

I think you are looking in the wrong direction.
You need to think about Mancini's position in that season, he was completely undermine from above. Whether or not that was justified I don't know but given what has happened since he was sacked I would be taking a long hard look at our director of football and asking a) where has all the money gone? and b) is Pep the right manager now your stop gap has undone all the work Mancini did?

We have a rebuilding act of mammoth proportions to undertake now, much bigger than before because we've been taken for a ride in the transfer market and can't sign a player for less than £50 million these days, regardless of how shit they are (yes Sterling, I'm talking about you!).

I'm mightily relieved grandad is off. He was a charmless zombie who brought nothing to the club. One might even say he was the O in holistic.

I couldn't watch the 2nd half ( stress) , I went for a walk and followed the score from my mobile.

How did our subs perform ?

And when we can't sign the players our new manager wants and lose out on potentially £70m, that's also not a failure because we won the Micky Mouse cup?

This season will set us back a further two.

We got to the CL semi final as we didn't actually play a top side until the semi. And then we did fuck all.
I would agree with some of what you've said mate but those players the manager wants might not be top quality anyway. We are in PEPs hands really just as we were in pellegrinis hands . Did he get the signings right ? KDB has been just about worth it IMO but who else can we say was really worth it? I've been trying to reason this out this past while since we may not get into the CL next season . It comes down to the manager who signs the players who can do what he wants eg high press Simeone style , defensive Mancini style etc . let's face it who is out there as good as messi ? IMO its a very level playing field and if we are cute enough like Claudio we can do the business. I think Pep is as wise. If certain players do not want to come here then let them off . Do we really want players sucking the life blood out of the club on fat contracts and not doing it on the pitch ? We have the manager and it ought to get us those who really want come as opposed to those who dont want to come because we ain't in CL.

Now cmon ye hammers on Tuesday !

Really ? Wow

Hey ho, never mind.

I just wish one of the mods would have the decency to explain what is wrong with what I have previously posted - I've followed the correct protocol by asking the questions via pm yet they choose to refuse to answer.

Strange place this has become.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.