Arsenal - Post match thread

the players and manager got the post-match response they deserved.

If they can't be arsed to achieve the bare minimum required for us then they don't deserve thanks, we've already gone through numerous price increases so we can have the "privilege" of watching the exorbitantly highly-paid so called professionals wear OUR shirt, and play for OUR team.

Today summed it up, fleeting good moments RUINED by a refusal to play properly once we'd scored and a REFUSAL by the manager to change or influence anything once it was clear that Arsenal were going to equalise unless we changed something to stop them.

They deserve what they got today. Hopefully the fallout from this will change the club for the better in the long run, they needed to learn that lesson today, they needed to learn they can't just take advantage of our loyalty and abuse it and expect to get away with it. You want to put the prices up, you want to fuck about with our kit colours, you want to keep a manager and players clearly not up to it just so you can get Pep, you want to throw away a league campaign and miss out on CL football because you took your eye of the ball and were so arrogant that you thought like your Barca days that we couldn't possibly miss out. That's fine, but you for damn sure ain't getting my applause for it.

I was delighted leaving today, because I NEVER, EVER have to watch a Pellegrini City team in the flesh ever again. It's a blessing.

He can look around the mostly empty stadium today, along with the players, and finally realise what he's done. They deserve it, they didn't live up to their side of the bargain and they got their reward today. Hope it kicks the entire club up the arse and in the long-term we fix the issues from this season, and the club starts appreciating the fans a damn site more than they have done. All they had to do was genuinely try, and they failed to do that so many times this season they didn't deserve any adulation.

Spot on. The least we should expect is 100% application every game. They've been half arsed this year

I thought there was a fire drill the stadium emptied so quickly. By the time the team came back out I reckon there were 8-10k fans left at the most.

Pellegrini was mortified. I think in that moment it hit him all at once the damage he's caused and two milk cups and a title with Mancini's team couldn't mask that. I've just seen a rerun of it on SSN and its hard not to feel for him, he was genuinely and truly gutted.

To my knowledge he's never been booed by our fans so I don't think he was expecting the mass walk out he got. He'll be a good manager to come back from this.

He's not a good manager.
I've grown to hate him and what he's done to our club over the last two seasons.
Walking out today was the only way we could express our anger at him and the players.
I hope it hurt them; they've earned it.
The fans are the club.
It'll be at Swansea next week and I'll cheer the team on from first to last whistle as I always do as I have done at 52 other games this season.

By the way if anyone on here booed bony when he came on, you are a fucking disgrace. Never in all my time supporting city have i been more disgusted and embarassed. Even the guy next to me who thinks hes really shit turned to me and said "thats not right" Shameful.

Kelechi needed to be off much sooner, midfield was losing their grip. The change was correct but oh, so late.

I do still think West Ham win at home, last home game at that ground. The issue is whether we beat Swansea away..

Everyone in the ground could see the midfield were Tiring and losing grip of the game.. . . Except good ol pelligrino. Their second was inevitable.
Agree WH may do us a favour but not confident I see us winning at swans

Remener when Kenny Everett used to do his Rod Stewart impression and his arse kept inflating? That's what I immediately thought f when bony and yaya came on.

Kelechi needed to be off much sooner, midfield was losing their grip. The change was correct but oh, so late.

I do still think West Ham win at home, last home game at that ground. The issue is whether we beat Swansea away..

Agree, was saying it ten mins before the goal

Unbelievable, do you think our support has been in the top 10 in the prem this year? Are you old enough to remember the away nights, pissing down on a Tues against Rotherham or Grimsby?, the Stuart Pearce era? or when we were within a £ of folding? Get a grip, yes, disappointing season in the league, yes, with the Sheiks investment we should be doing better but by no means should we ignore our Crest. We are a tribe, we live & breathe Manchester City, we should offer support to our team even & especially in adverse conditions like this season. Todays end of season showing by our fans was appalling. I stayed to clap out Stuart Pearce's team despite it being the lowest ebb of my 50 year City tenure. Just disappointed today....with us
Yes I'm old enough. Had a season ticket since the early eighties. I've been to European games where the players can't be arsed to walk 20 yards to clap the fans after the game so fuck em . I buy my season ticket every year and I leave on the final whistle. Who are you to tell me or any other fan what to do ?

the players and manager got the post-match response they deserved.

If they can't be arsed to achieve the bare minimum required for us then they don't deserve thanks, we've already gone through numerous price increases so we can have the "privilege" of watching the exorbitantly highly-paid so called professionals wear OUR shirt, and play for OUR team.

Today summed it up, fleeting good moments RUINED by a refusal to play properly once we'd scored and a REFUSAL by the manager to change or influence anything once it was clear that Arsenal were going to equalise unless we changed something to stop them.

They deserve what they got today. Hopefully the fallout from this will change the club for the better in the long run, they needed to learn that lesson today, they needed to learn they can't just take advantage of our loyalty and abuse it and expect to get away with it. You want to put the prices up, you want to fuck about with our kit colours, you want to keep a manager and players clearly not up to it just so you can get Pep, you want to throw away a league campaign and miss out on CL football because you took your eye of the ball and were so arrogant that you thought like your Barca days that we couldn't possibly miss out. That's fine, but you for damn sure ain't getting my applause for it.

I was delighted leaving today, because I NEVER, EVER have to watch a Pellegrini City team in the flesh ever again. It's a blessing.

He can look around the mostly empty stadium today, along with the players, and finally realise what he's done. They deserve it, they didn't live up to their side of the bargain and they got their reward today. Hope it kicks the entire club up the arse and in the long-term we fix the issues from this season, and the club starts appreciating the fans a damn site more than they have done. All they had to do was genuinely try, and they failed to do that so many times this season they didn't deserve any adulation.

That's a bloody good post!

Everyone in the ground could see the midfield were Tiring and losing grip of the game.. . . Except good ol pelligrino. Their second was inevitable.
Agree WH may do us a favour but not confident I see us winning at swans

If West Ham beat the scum, we only need a point at Swansea. Surely we're capable of that

But got a horrible feeling the rags will win there in which case we're fucked

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.