Arsenal - Post match thread

100% agree, don't get me wrong I'm not a Bony fan but as soon as a guy crosses the white line with our kit on he gets my full support. Booing was shite but indicative of our new fans.

Certain players have always been booed. Nothing to do with new fans as you'd know if you were around in the days of Paul Power and Richard Edgehill, 2 players I can remember getting all sorts of stick (plenty more as well). Not something I would do but to suggest it is related to new fans, shows a certain ignorance.

Yes I'm old enough. Had a season ticket since the early eighties. I've been to European games where the players can't be arsed to walk 20 yards to clap the fans after the game so fuck em . I buy my season ticket every year and I leave on the final whistle. Who are you to tell me or any other fan what to do ?
Nope, you're right. I have no authority to tell any City fan what to do, it was just my evaluation of todays support. My integrity and pride is intact though..... good luck with the Guardiola out campaign.

Certain players have always been booed. Nothing to do with new fans as you'd know if you were around in the days of Paul Power and Richard Edgehill, 2 players I can remember getting all sorts of stick (plenty more as well). Not something I would do but to suggest it is related to new fans, shows a certain ignorance.

Its perceived lack of effort with Bony. That's the problem. Fans hate lack of effort and love lots of effort. It's why Navas is hailed on here. His quality is questionable but no one can question his commitment. A double substitution of Bony and Yaya was too much for some and it spilled over.

There was a lot of frustration in the stand today. We actually played well but it wasn't today that led to this and the stadium emptying

This all day. The fans have let them off far too lightly, time for some passion to return. Even if it is just walking out. The City of old wouldn't stand for this shit, we've become a bit spoilt. Onwards and upwards.
100% agree, spot on

100% agree, don't get me wrong I'm not a Bony fan but as soon as a guy crosses the white line with our kit on he gets my full support. Booing was shite but indicative of our new fans.

can we stop using this new fans excuse for when blues are being knobs , booing players isn't some new thing the goat was treated like shite when he arrived, Richard Edgehill, Ricky Holden, and even though it was rag related sammy mcilroy were booed and given crap many a time.

the players and manager got the post-match response they deserved.

If they can't be arsed to achieve the bare minimum required for us then they don't deserve thanks, we've already gone through numerous price increases so we can have the "privilege" of watching the exorbitantly highly-paid so called professionals wear OUR shirt, and play for OUR team.

Today summed it up, fleeting good moments RUINED by a refusal to play properly once we'd scored and a REFUSAL by the manager to change or influence anything once it was clear that Arsenal were going to equalise unless we changed something to stop them.

They deserve what they got today. Hopefully the fallout from this will change the club for the better in the long run, they needed to learn that lesson today, they needed to learn they can't just take advantage of our loyalty and abuse it and expect to get away with it. You want to put the prices up, you want to fuck about with our kit colours, you want to keep a manager and players clearly not up to it just so you can get Pep, you want to throw away a league campaign and miss out on CL football because you took your eye of the ball and were so arrogant that you thought like your Barca days that we couldn't possibly miss out. That's fine, but you for damn sure ain't getting my applause for it.

I was delighted leaving today, because I NEVER, EVER have to watch a Pellegrini City team in the flesh ever again. It's a blessing.

He can look around the mostly empty stadium today, along with the players, and finally realise what he's done. They deserve it, they didn't live up to their side of the bargain and they got their reward today. Hope it kicks the entire club up the arse and in the long-term we fix the issues from this season, and the club starts appreciating the fans a damn site more than they have done. All they had to do was genuinely try, and they failed to do that so many times this season they didn't deserve any adulation.[/QUOT

You represent exactly the kind of spoiled rag fans crept in here the past 8 years. Please stay away. And if you or anyone doesn't understand my remark, go and read our history books.

Self-righteous people on here calling those for not staying behind after the game. I went to the game, sang and cheered the team on throughout the game. Final whistle went and I was off home. If this upsets other fans or made Pellegrini feel 'unappreciated' then so be it. I've got other things going on in my life and I give enough of my time and money to City.

I thought we played well today and showed the passion and commitment sadly lacking in so many other games this season. Crap defending cost us again - I've always backed Mangala but he was at fault for allowing Giroud a free header for their first. That was the turning point in the game. They hadn't had a kick till then. Crowd were right up for it, City already one up and well in control and we gift them such an easy goal. Gave them a foothold in the game when they hadn't even got into first gear. Second goal was everyone got sucked to the ball allowing Sanchez a free run on goal. Farcical again. Navas and Fernando were our best players and none of the subs seemed to improve us although Bony was unlucky with the volley against the bar. End of the season beckons and I'm glad it's almost over.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.