Arsenal Post Match Thread.

Arrived home after the match, can't believe some of the stuff I have heard about poor first half.
From where I sat Arsenal were a seriously good team going forward, the speed at which they moved the ball at times was superb they were much better than Chelsea, the fact that we dominated possession is a huge credit to our players. De Bruynes' pass for Sterling for the goal was superb , but the ball that he put in when Sterling missed the header was even better to take out the keeper and defender and put it onto a small guy like Sterlings head from there with his left foot was stunning.
We created more chances against Chelsea but conceded far fewer to Arsenal and they are a fabulous attacking team. Great game of football, best I've seen us play for a while.
It was great to win. And I was really impressed with the commitment from the players especially in the 2n half.

disagree about Arsenal. We were really lacking in confidence, and were there for the taking in the 1st half. Arsenal just coasted and paid the price 2nd half. Their goal was top quality, but after that, they had zero shots on target.

If we are Liverpool or Utd, we're fucking fantastic, in City's case, Arsenal were terrible.

In fact should probably be docked points for letting everybody down.
2nd half we were fantastic, but we were allowed to grow into the game, and gather our self-belief because Arsenal played very poorly. 2nd half was as gutless a performance from an opponent as you will see. We didn't create chance after chance, but it was pretty much unrelenting attacks 2nd half where we won all the 50 50s

2nd half we were fantastic, but we were allowed to grow into the game, and gather our self-belief because Arsenal played very poorly. 2nd half was as gutless a performance from an opponent as you will see. We didn't create chance after chance, but it was pretty much unrelenting attacks 2nd half where we won all the 50 50s

We would have dominated any team 2nd half, but it still needed a goalzo to win it.

We need to turn this dominance into clear chances & actual goals.

If we are Liverpool or Utd, we're fucking fantastic, in City's case, Arsenal were terrible.

In fact should probably be docked points for letting everybody down.
Exactly!! We were brilliant, closing down, tackling, bodies on the line, skill, the full package!

Or maybe Arsenal were poor because we played well. I'm not sure why every time we win, it's because the opposition was shit. The better team won and we were by far the better team.

Arrived home after the match, can't believe some of the stuff I have heard about poor first half.
From where I sat Arsenal were a seriously good team going forward, the speed at which they moved the ball at times was superb they were much better than Chelsea, the fact that we dominated possession is a huge credit to our players. De Bruynes' pass for Sterling for the goal was superb , but the ball that he put in when Sterling missed the header was even better to take out the keeper and defender and put it onto a small guy like Sterlings head from there with his left foot was stunning.
We created more chances against Chelsea but conceded far fewer to Arsenal and they are a fabulous attacking team. Great game of football, best I've seen us play for a while.
You are 100% right on the money with this post Blue :))

Vital win: if we had lost the consequences would probably have gone beyond the three lost points; on the flip side, with a come from behind victory when trailing at HT being as rare as a red nosed reindeer and any victory against a top side being an occurence matched by new Star Wars movie releases, the psychological benefits of the win could be a significant positive.

Not had chance to read much of this thread as only just finished watching the Sky coverage having got back from game ot much before 10 pm but this idea we were crap in first half doesn't wash with me; although the goal we conceded was a bit crap defensively and second half performance was undoubtedly much better. However, we had something like 5 real good opportunities early in the game that we did not exploit and dominated possession throughout.

What I loved most about the second half, after the goals, was how well we won the ball back in our opponents' half.

I was foing to post before the game that the three c's: confidence, commitment and concentration would be key and I think they were. Lack of concentration cost us their goal but commitment and concentration were good for most of the game and confidcence grew. Now we need to add fourth c: consistency.

We looked good second half and Sane is starting to show his quality which is encouraging. If we can win at Hull and Liverpool, a big if at Anfield I know, then Chelsea just might start to feel the pressure building up on them. We're the one team I think they don't want chasing them. Just a shame Zaba got injured. Oh and Wenger is a tosser but no change there.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.